HeronAddict

boomer elder millennial
Mar 19, 2009
It was the last yard sale that I will have for the remainder of my life.

The hustle wasn't worth it. Stuff priced to sell and folks still fittin to haggle.

It's Facebook marketplace or straight to the thrift store with th3 rest of my junk from here on out.

Last edited:

BHman

I Understand.
May 28, 2001
ur moms vagini
Garage sales make absolutely no sense to me. My in-laws always have one every year. They spend an entire week planning a garage sale, dragging stuff around, standing out in the sun all weekend, dealing with weird ass strangers, etc. And they probably make like $100. Drives me insane.

If you're selling some shit for 50 cents just give it to goodwill.

ichigomilkshake

No Longer a Noob
Nov 28, 2020
Garage sales make absolutely no sense to me. My in-laws always have one every year. They spend an entire week planning a garage sale, dragging stuff around, standing out in the sun all weekend, dealing with weird ass strangers, etc. And they probably make like $100. Drives me insane.

Goodwill is a for-profit capitalistic company now. Has been for awhile. I guess it's good if you literally just want to get rid of shit for relatively free, but if you're thinking you're doing a good deer by giving it to goodwill, think again, matey!

Lucky.Cat

No Longer a Noob
Aug 17, 2020
I don't think I'd ever have one. I like to try to sell things are worth something $50 or $100 but little things, I really just want gone.

Circumventing

Perma'd User
Jun 30, 2021

Most of the time if I see a yard sale it’s old people running it that probably just want to talk with people

BHman

I Understand.
May 28, 2001
ur moms vagini
I was like 12 and some dude "haggled" me down to a quarter for one of my toys they were selling.

I should have told him it's not for sale and to fuck off.

Same thing happened to me, I was selling some toys for like $1 each and some lady was like "can i get a discount if I buy 5?" She somehow talked me into $2 for 5.

I was like 8 fucking years old and didnt know any better and was kinda intimidated, but I started feeling really bad/sad about it after she left. What kind of scumbag strongarms an actual fucking child out of $3?

That shit is like a permanent memory, first time I realized that people suck ass.

gameplayer1000

Fanboy of Everything
Feb 5, 2005
Nintendo HQ
Same thing happened to me, I was selling some toys for like $1 each and some lady was like "can i get a discount if I buy 5?" She somehow talked me into $2 for 5.

I was like 8 fucking years old and didnt know any better and was kinda intimidated, but I started feeling really bad/sad about it after she left. What kind of scumbag strongarms an actual fucking child out of $3?

That shit is like a permanent memory, first time I realized that people suck ass.

Yeah I don't have many other memories of the yard sales but that one always bothered me.