blakjak12

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 4, 2007
I am planning to buy a used copy of 2014 to keep myself occupied for a while. Sad to hear that there will be no 2015, but my former love for college football games had dwindled from 2008/9-now because I thought the quality of the games had not improved and was even worse in some aspects. I have played '13 for about the last week or so though, and I am still enjoying dynasty mode despite some major flaws in the game play.

I'm planning on picking up a used copy of '14 somewhere, and I was wondering how the difficulty on Heisman for '14 compares to the difficulty from '13. If I can compete reasonably well and win the majority of my games on Heisman for '13, should I do similarly on '14 right away, or are there major changes that would make a switch without practice difficult? Just wondering how much I should play it before jumping into a new dynasty on '14 at the Heisman level for both game play and recruiting.

A few other questions comparing game play if you're bored and you're interested in answering...

1. Are the computer DBs superhuman at making interceptions again? I've gotten much better, but I commonly find that defensive backs who are not even in an area or who are already covering another man will somehow intuitively leave their man or their zone and make an interception. It's also hard to loft the ball over defenders who are underneath your receivers.

2. How "gimmicky" is the game? For example, right now, deep, down the field passes either seem to be 50-yard gains and touchdowns or they're interceptions. You can run four verticals and get one of those outcomes about 50% of the time it seems like. I also find that I have to resort to run plays where I clear one side of the field (motion all receivers away) and run there because the computer shuts down everything. Not a big deal, but kind of unrealistic and the computer NEVER makes an adjustments even though it would be extremely obvious to any human player than I'm going to run there when I motion receivers away.

3. What is the pass rush like? I get a realistic amount of sacks with DBs and LBs, but defensive lineman get zero penetration. Offensive lineman stonewall them every pass play, which makes absolutely no sense because lineman drop back off the line in pass protection?

All in all, I've enjoyed '13 and found the dynasty to be fun. I still think 04-06 were the halcyon days of this game, and the game play for those rivals '13 in my opinion. Still, dynasties on NCAA Football are a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to getting one started.

blakjak12

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 4, 2007
I will simplify that; sorry for the long post. This is mostly what I want answered:

I'm planning on picking up a used copy of '14 somewhere, and I was wondering how the difficulty on Heisman for '14 compares to the difficulty from '13. If I can compete reasonably well and win the majority of my games on Heisman for '13, should I do similarly on '14 right away, or are there major changes that would make a switch without practice difficult? Just wondering how much I should play it before jumping into a new dynasty on '14 at the Heisman level for both game play and recruiting.

I suppose I can just play a few games myself and figure it out on my own too. ;)