Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/977/977355p1.html]1990s X-Men Animated Series Available Online[/link]
by Eric Goldman

Summary:
After years of legal issues holding up any distribution of the 1990s X-Men animated series, things have finally taken a positive turn of late, with the still beloved show getting a long-awaited debut on DVD this week - albeit via two "volumes" with a handful of episodes, rather than a full season set. [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/977/977355p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Feb 17, 2006
I caught the tale end of this show after I "grew out" of cartoons. It was great though from what I remember, even my wife loved watching this show after she got home from school and talks to me about it all the time and how its not like the movies, etc. etc. I won't be getting the DVDs I hate when they do Volume releases, that just looks crappy in a collection..having more than necessary!

TheChamp06

Noob
Feb 16, 2006
This is the best x men news for quite some time. I LOVED THIS SERIES!!! This and the 90's Spider Man were the highlights of my Saturday mornings and weekdays after elementary school. I'll definitely buy the volumes!!!

Dec 3, 2005
"I caught the tale end of this show after I "grew out" of cartoons. I"

You should grow back in and catch up then!
Avatar:The Last Airbender is a good place to start.

Spectacular Spiderman is pretty darn fun too.

Sep 11, 2008
they are pretty hard to watch now. the voice acting is just straight aweful and the animation is so re-used it gets pretty brutal. i loved them at the time, but there are some excellent animated series right now to watch instead.

Jun 1, 2007
I just got the volumes, I don't care if they are streaming it I rather watch on my dvd player.

On the box it says it is the first sixteen episodes, so is it the first season or not?

brnbasler

No Longer a Noob
Oct 16, 2006
that is awesome. I used to watch these all the time. I do still catch the occasional episode on Disney XD.

Muldfeld

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 1, 2007
Just got my DVDs in the mail today. I remember how cool and adult I thought it was as a very young teen. It's quite embarrassing, but still one of the best cartoons ever made.

Writers like Mark Edward Edens, Michael Edens and the others from Season 1 really should have been given the chance to do more kids' cartoons. The studios are idiotic to think the writers don't matter. X-Men went downhill like crazy in Season 4 -- just awful and fully of bad morality tales and dull one-off stories like the Christmas episode. Yuck.

Muldfeld

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 1, 2007
Christianavitch, the first 2-disc set has more than the first season; it also has 3 2nd season episodes. The second 2-disc set goes through the rest of Season 2 and into Season 3's Phoenix Saga.

ignjeff2

Noob
Feb 21, 2002
DA NUH NUH NUH NAH NUH NAH, DA NUH NUH NAH NUH NAH, DA NUH NUH NUH NAH NAH, NAH, DO DO, SNIKT! DA NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH, DUH NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH NUH! DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DOOO!

Nov 15, 2008
It's about time. The new shows they've been coming out with are garbage. The 1990s had the best cartoons, hands down. All the new shit is cgi.

countingdown7Byte

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 8, 2004
Having watched all 3 x-Men shows, the latest one is the best followed closely by TAS. If you haven't seen all of season one(like us canadians) you are missing out.

Jan 19, 2011
SUCKERS. I just bought all 5 seasons on dvd. I had them before burnt onto disc form limewire but now I have them on DVD. This was the best cartoon IMHO and I can watch them whenever I want. I bought them on Amazon.ca and cost me 135 dollarss but I don't care. I'm just so happy. Now all they have to do is release all 5 spiderman 1990's version on DVD. Until then I will enjoy these spiderman episodes on my PS 3 burnt from limewire. I bought all the Justice League seasons too from 84 dollars from ebay including shipping. Man I'm the happiest Dude on the face of this planet!

Status
Not open for further replies.