Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Xbox7204Life
Member since 2024 • 138 Posts

Uncle Phil speaking the truth.

Of course we know it's true as Sony has been the most slimiest of them all. With charging their base gamers multiple times to re buy games and shady practices with content

https://metro.co.uk/2024/06/12/ex-playstation-boss-responds-slimy-platform-dig-xboxs-phil-spencer-21018329/

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44495 Posts

They're not known worldwide as Phony, the one and only for nuttin ya know. lol :P

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9876 Posts

Sony fans are fuming right now, and the “slimiest” thing Sony can manage is a multiplat LEGO game being kept off Xbox.

I think we’ll be fine.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13298 Posts

That was taken out of context. He was referring to the "slimy" practice that MS did with COD back in the 360 days. Gotta love the internet.

Xbox7204Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xbox7204Life

@kvallyx: Are you saying Sony hasn't shown slimy practices over the years?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 71185 Posts

@sealionact said:

Sony fans are fuming right now, and the “slimiest” thing Sony can manage is a multiplat LEGO game being kept off Xbox.

I think we’ll be fine.

It is expected to be kept off of Xbox because it is a Sony game but it is also releasing day one on three platforms.😂

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1679 Posts

Does Sony still do, if you buy the PS5 version, you get the PS4 and Vita version too! I remember when they did that. Now that was pretty sweet for them Sony players. I haven't read the article yet, but I shall see what Phil has spoken. :)

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MyCatIsMilk

‘I want to give you the choice on how you play your games and who you play with. And not try to do slimy platform things to force you to do what I want you to do. Give the players choice.’

What I find interesting is that the one who wrote the article has said that some have speculated that it's a jab with Sony's deal with the CoD franchise, but my mind immediately went to Hell Divers 2 and Sony's attempt to lock players into making a PSN account.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@mycatismilk: Its is directed at Sony. Sony has been locking down content and time content with COD for about a decade. I always find that shit unacceptable because gamers on other platforms are paying the same amount for a second class experience. Yet, the gaming media remained silent on the issue just like many other things that are not in the best interests of consumers or the industry.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1613 Posts

Phil is part of the fanboy wars! He should make a SW account.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MyCatIsMilk

@Pedro said:

@mycatismilk: Its is directed at Sony. Sony has been locking down content and time content with COD for about a decade. I always find that shit unacceptable because gamers on other platforms are paying the same amount for a second class experience. Yet, the gaming media remained silent on the issue just like many other things that are not in the best interests of consumers or the industry.

Oh, it's absolutely a jab at Sony. And if anyone at Sony is weeping over this, then they need to humble themselves and remember all of their jabs, most notably the jabs of when Xbox attempted DRM when the XBONE was revealed. LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@mycatismilk said:

Oh, it's absolutely a jab at Sony. And if anyone at Sony is weeping over this, then they need to humble themselves and remember all of their jabs, most notably the jabs of when Xbox attempted DRM when the XBONE was revealed. LOL

I doubt there is weeping. I wager it doesn't even register. Phil's commentary is like a low hum for them and is barely noticeable. This is more fan service. MS wants to take the "for the goodness of the industry " approach to gain favor, I hope they know what they are signing up to.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46950 Posts

@kvallyx said:

That was taken out of context. He was referring to the "slimy" practice that MS did with COD back in the 360 days. Gotta love the internet.

Yeah leave the smack talk to the professionals:

Loading Video...

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MyCatIsMilk

@Pedro said:
@mycatismilk said:

I doubt there is weeping. I wager it doesn't even register. Phil's commentary is like a low hum for them and is barely noticeable. This is more fan service. MS wants to take the "for the goodness of the industry " approach to gain favor, I hope they know what they are signing up to.

I don't believe there is either. Heck, they showed the response to a former Sony rep with a gif of a guy laughing at Phil's comment. :)

Didn't that backfire with some Xbox players when everyone started speculating that Xbox was going multiplatform? Because XB gave the impression that their everyones friend?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pedro

@mycatismilk: From indirect sources it did backfire. But like everything else on the net, folks moved onto something else.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13298 Posts

@xbox7204life said:

@kvallyx: Are you saying Sony hasn't shown slimy practices over the years?

Oh they have. But Phil was discussing the history of Xbox and COD back on the 360, not the PS lol. But Sony fanboys will make it about the PlayStation because they need to troll hard somehow.

Xbox7204Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xbox7204Life

@Pedro: Most of the gaming media are Cows and have been cleary biased in favor of PlayStation. Even here on GS over the years we've seen how reviews of games have always favored PlayStation games and it's obvious most of the reviewers are dedicated loyal Cows and PlayStation gamers.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9713 Posts

Easy to say when you have the money as a company to just buy your way out of trouble. Every big company is slimy in some regards from time to time, including ms.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5217 Posts

If MS was the console sales leader, and Gamepass had 75 million subs, then you know MS would be just as slimy as Sony, EA, or whatever big corp.

MS's whole strategy is to throw it all against the wall for cheap and see what sticks, because they have an endless supply of spaghetti (Money) to do so. It doesn't matter if it works. It's windows Phone, Zune, Surface, Skype, all over again

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 7476 Posts

Holier than thou Phil Spencer, give me a break.

Xbox7204Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xbox7204Life

@WitIsWisdom: The problem with Sony is they have been forced to be slimy for many years becuase the reality is Sony has been struggling as a company for many years outside of the PlayStation division. Sony has had little success in their other divisions. The once dominate electronic hardware corp Sony has been on life support for many years now it's only been the PlayStation division that has literally kept Sony afloat for many years now. If PlayStation goes under or starts to struggle badly Sony will be in real trouble and likely have to break up and sell off most of the company and be a small non player at that point.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@xbox7204life said:

@Pedro: Most of the gaming media are Cows and have been cleary biased in favor of PlayStation. Even here on GS over the years we've seen how reviews of games have always favored PlayStation games and it's obvious most of the reviewers are dedicated loyal Cows and PlayStation gamers.

Well would you look at that, you created an alt to break the no contact rule.😂 You couldn't help yourself.🤭

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9761 Posts

Shawn Layden has responded to what Phil said. What Layden said about Phil was funny.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/06/ex-ps5-exec-shawn-layden-isnt-holding-back-his-feelings-on-xbox

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts

I'm kinda feeling bad for this guy. He's been making threads non stop

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34960 Posts

Buying the biggest publishers in the world to force the biggest group of gamers in the world to your own ecosystem isn't slimy at all.

I also agree with this Shawn Layden guy. As long as MS have bought ActiBlizz, all other shitty business practices made by Sony are ok.

These CEOs are just the best.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 7476 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

Shawn Layden has responded to what Phil said. What Layden said about Phil was funny.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/06/ex-ps5-exec-shawn-layden-isnt-holding-back-his-feelings-on-xbox

Maybe you should read post #3 in the comments section, better yet this Shawn should also, oops 🤣

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1537 Posts

Slimy isn't the word I'd use to describe Sony PlayStation...Last place sums them up perfectly.

Black ops 6 bundles coming soon...#💵💵💵💵 MS
Black ops 6 bundles coming soon...#💵💵💵💵 MS

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11333 Posts

Slimy like buying two publishers and trying to keep the games exclusive... until senior management went over Phil's head and made them multiplat since the hardware sold like shit. Karma's a bitch LOL

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@Litchie: How are gamers being forced into Xbox ecosystem?

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 518 Posts

Sony kind of forced Xbox into their slimy ways by how they kept so many games off the Xbox One. Xbox wouldn't have started buying all these studios if that didn't happen. I don't blame Xbox as it would have only gotten worse for them. It was a last resort type of thing. With that said, I'm still against all these acquisitions. Xbox are still keeping some games off PS5, and Sony are still paying 3rd party devs to keep games off Xbox. Both are as slimy as each other.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34960 Posts
@Pedro said:

By buying ActiBlizzKingWhatever, their gamers had no choice but to become part of Microsoft's ecosystem. Or am I wrong?

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 453 Posts

Phil is too nice. Giving day one games to every platform and stated more games are being released multiplat. That's all I needed to hear

Xbox7204Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xbox7204Life

@blamix: My threads are GOLD

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1613 Posts

@worlds_apart:If you're looking at gaming history, almost every game used to be on multiple platforms from multiple vendors, pre-NES. Nintendo leveraged the market position of the NES to get third parties to enter into contracts in order to publish on the system, and locked out those who would not enter into contracts with hardware security that attempted to prevent unapproved developers from running games. These contracts included exclusivity clauses.

The idea of the third-party exclusive really came into its own during the 8-bit era, mainly because Nintendo forced it to. To publish games on the ultra-popular Nintendo Entertainment System, licensees had to agree to a strict non-compete clause that guaranteed those games would be exclusive to Nintendo's system for two years. Most developers were more than willing to sign on the dotted line to get access to the NES' tens of millions of players, squeezing out external game development resources for upstart challengers like the Sega Master System and Atari 7200.

Link

In order to compete with Nintendo, other platforms inevitably ended up with exclusive games, because Nintendo would then not allow these games to come to their platforms since they were published elsewhere. Namco would be publishing games on the PC Engine and Genesis but not on Nintendo platforms for a period of time, for example.

Nintendo ended up developing negative relationships with some publishers such as Square, and famously there wasn't a Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system for a long time due to Nintendo.

From then on, having game exclusivity was seen as a marketing tool for the platform, and it was incorporated into the business model.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MyCatIsMilk

@R4gn4r0k: Sony considered the Move a success? :o

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@Litchie said:
@Pedro said:

By buying ActiBlizzKingWhatever, their gamers had no choice but to become part of Microsoft's ecosystem. Or am I wrong?

I don't see how. MS hasn't change the dynamics for Activision or Blizzard games. You will still be playing on your preferred platform and there is no shifting of ecosystem. That is the current state. Feel free to correct me if I am missing something.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 518 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Thanks for the info. I had no idea Nintendo were that slimy. Excluding Nintendo, I will say between Sony and MS, things have gotten better this gen. I hope most of the games shown in the recent showcase appear on all platforms, especially the Bethesda games as they were always multi platform.