• willwenzel

(@willwenzel)

This plugin is perfect in its simplicity. Developers thought of everything, and it makes pages with images look beautiful. PLUS, if you don’t like the color they pick to be dominant, you can choose another color from the image. So well thought out.

I just wish WordPress wouldn’t bug me saying it hasn’t been tested with the last 3 releases. It works perfectly, and probably will regardless of updates.

Here’s how I use it in a theme in case anyone reading this is struggling.

if (has_post_thumbnail()) {
    $featured_image_id=get_post_thumbnail_id( );
    }
    $imageColor = get_color_data($featured_image_id, ‘dominant_color_hex’, ‘true’);
    $colorPaletteArray = get_post_meta ($featured_image_id, ‘color_palette_hex’, ‘true’);
    $complimentaryColor1 = $colorPaletteArray[0];
    $complimentaryColor2 = $colorPaletteArray[1];
    $complimentaryColor3 = $colorPaletteArray[2];
    $complimentaryColor4 = $colorPaletteArray[3];

And then I just assign $imageColor, and it’s 4 complimentary colors, to the relevant divs in the template. Genius plugin, and thank you for creating it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author Liam Gladdy

(@lgladdy)

Cheers @willwenzel, not least for reminding me this plugin still exists!

I’ve bumped tested up to so you won’t get the warning. I’ll do a proper release this weekend with version bumps and make sure everything ticks along for another few years 🙂

Thread Starter willwenzel

(@willwenzel)

@lgladdy – that would be amazing! Thanks. I tend to use .webp images for a photo blog, and was surprised that it works with that format as well.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this review.