American Truck Simulator

American Truck Simulator

Real Traffic Density ATS
Erbkaiser Apr 13, 2021 @ 8:30am
Editing other mods to work with Real Traffic Density
To make traffic added by other mods use the special rules from RTD, you will need to rename some files inside the traffic packs - not the RTD mod.

Remember that you will need to rename the files after each update of a mod they come with.

General info
Open the .scs file of a traffic mod from your Documents\American Simulator\mod folder or the Steam Workshop file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\270880\[id of the mod]

An .scs file is a renamed .zip file so you can use Winzip, 7-Zip, or another archiver for this. In the case of a Steam Workshop mod the mod will either be loose files in folders, or it will be inside of a .zip archive.

Inside the archive or Workshop folder go to \def\vehicle\ and there rename the .sii file(s).

After renaming re-pack the archive if needed and make sure it's still got the .scs extension.

Motorcycles
Motorcycles are any kind of two-wheeled traffic. An example is Jazzycat's motorcyle traffic.

In the case of Jazzycat's motor traffic, open motorcycle_traffic_pack_by_Jazzycat_version_ats.scs and go to the \def\vehicle\ folder, then rename the files to this:
traffic_storage_moto.jazzycat_moto.sii

Sports Cars
Sports cars are vehicles like Lamborghinis and Ferraris, racing cars. These will want to drive at or above the speed limit in nearly all cases.

An example of a mod like this is TrafficManiac's Sports Cars: sport_cars_traffic_pack_by_TrafficManiac_version_ats_base.scs

Make sure the entries under \def\vehicle have the name traffic_storage_sport such as this: traffic_storage_sport.sport_tm.sii

Classic Cars
Classic cars are old timers. They will drive below the speed limit a lot of times and less aggressively.
The obvious example is Jazzycat's classic AI traffic pack: classic_ai_traffic_pack_by_Jazzycat_version.scs

Make sure the entries under \def\vehicle have the name traffic_storage_classic such as this: traffic_storage_classic.jazzycat.sii
Last edited by Erbkaiser; Nov 26, 2021 @ 6:13am
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
netjeff Dec 18, 2021 @ 1:46pm 
So no edits needed to jazzycat's "Painted Truck Traffic Pack" and "Truck Traffic Pack" to work with RTS?
Erbkaiser Dec 18, 2021 @ 2:46pm 
No, those are the normal truck type and will remain so.
Rafaelkai Dec 28, 2021 @ 2:36pm 
Would classic trucks be considered classic cars?
Erbkaiser Dec 28, 2021 @ 2:38pm 
Not in this context.
m3lover1 Mar 28, 2022 @ 5:55pm 
So if I don't make those changes to those packs then those vehicles won't show up if using this mod? Also, for the motorcycle pack there are two of those files, traffic_storage_car_custom.jazzycat_moto.sii and traffic_storage_car.jazzcat_moto.sii. Which one do I change?
Psychotik Apr 4, 2022 @ 10:06am 
I changed both and it works fine. Now if you dont make those changes those mods still work but the vehicles won't follow the speed/spawn/rules defined in the CIP Traffic mod, that's all.
Cipus  [developer] Apr 6, 2022 @ 12:58am 
For motorcycle better rename only the car file and leave the custom file unchanged as that contains the scooters which rather stay in cities. And yes any Ai pack will still appear in game even without the separate type but ratio cars / classic / sport / motorcycle is rather random
Psychotik Apr 13, 2022 @ 12:39pm 
Finally you came to the discussion, thanks.
Last edited by Psychotik; Apr 13, 2022 @ 12:41pm
Richthofen411 Aug 5, 2022 @ 7:50am 
Danke für die Info.....was mich betrifft...so mag ich eine gewisse traffic dichte....muss so realistisch wie möglich sein....ich hab ein kleines Problem im Verkehr mit dem Sound...zb. tanken soweit funktioniert alles aber ich vermisse die Tür klappgeräusche und den Gurt sowie den Zündschlüssel klappern.....an was könnte es liegen....habt ihr da vielleicht einen Tipp....viele Grüße und danke macht weiter so
couldbz Nov 27, 2022 @ 10:43am 
I did't realise changing these were necessary, however when i check my files, they already are what this says to change it to. Is it automatic now?
Erbkaiser Nov 29, 2022 @ 1:15pm 
No, you still need to mark motorcycle, BDF, sports, and classic traffic yourself by renaming the files. Since the base game does not look for traffic_storage_moto etc. it is not done by default by the mod makers.
Laphin Hyena Jan 24, 2023 @ 8:51am 
I'm a complete n00b, so I'm just wondering, where do I go to get these motorcycle, sports, classic mods in the first place??
Smoke Apr 12, 2023 @ 9:32am 
Do Jazzycat's bus_traffic_ and ai_traffic_packs need changes?
Erbkaiser Apr 12, 2023 @ 9:43am 
No.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50