STEAM GROUP
Steam Client Beta SteamBeta
IN-GAME
Founded
January 8, 2013
All Discussions > Beta Feedback > Topic Details
Steam Game Recording can't create clips or export
Hey,

As the title says I can't save clips. The background recordings are there. I can watch 2 hours of me playing something. When I try to make a clip and save it to Steam, nothing. When I try to export the save window pops up and I hit save and nothing.

I have no idea why. Anyone else have this issue and has managed to fix it?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Rakuyo Jul 2 @ 9:33am 
+1 for same issue. I believe its something to do with the beta maybe? Like maybe when its officially released we might then be able to export
Did you go to the trim tool and then trim the selected time frame you want clipped? Only the yellow line will be saved when you hit save. Its a bit jank
Rakuyo Jul 2 @ 12:08pm 
Originally posted by JakeDeeJake:
Did you go to the trim tool and then trim the selected time frame you want clipped? Only the yellow line will be saved when you hit save. Its a bit jank
yeah OP is talking about the Clips. When you record your gameplay with the built-in recording, it saves to the Recordings & Screenshots tab, but you cant export the manually trimmed clips (or at least i cant)
Of course. I clip an area and basically I can't do ANYTHING with it. No matter what I try. It just isn't working for me and I don't know why. Folders are there. They are full of 10 gigs worth of raw material. I can view the recordings. I can select an area but exporting? Making a clip for steam? Doesn't work.
Rakuyo Jul 3 @ 3:29pm 
Originally posted by Celgaming:
Of course. I clip an area and basically I can't do ANYTHING with it. No matter what I try. It just isn't working for me and I don't know why. Folders are there. They are full of 10 gigs worth of raw material. I can view the recordings. I can select an area but exporting? Making a clip for steam? Doesn't work.
hey, decided i come back to this to let you know it works for me now. Try and see if it will let you export.
Originally posted by Rakuyo:
Originally posted by Celgaming:
hey, decided i come back to this to let you know it works for me now. Try and see if it will let you export.
I'll see if I can do anything with it now.
And just like that today I am able to export and make clips. I don't know what caused this or what fixed it. I did change the folder from an external hub hard drive to a slightly faster external hard drive. No idea if that was the issue or Steam needed a few more restarts. So I recommend just restarting and posting here if you shared the same issue and what you did to fix it.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Beta Feedback > Topic Details