Steam Client Beta SteamBeta
STEAM GROUP
Steam Client Beta SteamBeta
IN-GAME
Founded
January 8, 2013
All Discussions > Beta Feedback > Topic Details
Thx for breaking steam
I installed steam client because screenshots is broken..always take screenshots with 0,1 second delay OR EVEN LONGER
Apparently "steam beta" fixes that

Now i cannot even open local folder of screenshots
I need to because i need to see my previous resolutio i used for an old game

Now you deleted that feature
Great
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Evil Tiger Jun 28 @ 10:35am 
VERY MUCH THANKS! looking now for 15 minutes screenshot folder and cannot find it
BECAUSE ITS SO TERRIBLE IF USERS ARE ALLOWED TO FIND LOCAL FOLDER IN A FEW CLICKS
Just love seeing this platform become worse and worse with every single update
Evil Tiger Jun 28 @ 10:37am 
How do i opt out this piece of trash beta ?
Pablitho Jun 28 @ 10:41am 
dude when you have a screenshot click on share and save picture then you can save it anywhere you want
Pablitho Jun 28 @ 10:42am 
also the delay doesnt affect the screenshot i think, i assume you mean the time between pressing f12 and hearing the screenshot sound its kind of weird but have it too
Evil Tiger Jun 28 @ 10:46am 
Originally posted by Pablitho:
dude when you have a screenshot click on share and save picture then you can save it anywhere you want
Ok that is solution to 1 issuie
But i already read stuffs like they do not show old screenshots just 50 latest. This is outrageous . How will i upload older screenshots if i have a lot ?
And why deleted this button in the first place ? Ned to be brought attention to this. They constantly deleting features from steam

Originally posted by Pablitho:
also the delay doesnt affect the screenshot i think, i assume you mean the time between pressing f12 and hearing the screenshot sound its kind of weird but have it too
I am talking about delay that takes place between pressing button and the result screenshot being taken

Before it used to be : you press f12 = instant screenshot
Now it is like this : you press f12 = screenshot is taken , but it is possible it is 0,1 second late, 0,2 second late , 0,4 second late etc even later. it is not the same animation or game moment that you exactly pressed the button on
this is problem from spring 2023 and still they do not fix this
Wow, i jut checked and this is real.
For exaple one game i have 70+ screenshots
But with steam u can only view last 50 screenshots about this game.
Not possible to upload of the any screenshots that was before the first 50.
WTF?
I can 99% guarantee u they will """"forget"""" to fix this , and when they update steam - everyone say goodbye to your old screenshots
Drex Jun 28 @ 6:23pm 
Not sure what weird issue you're having, I can view >50 just fine. You might need to get closer to the bottom of the list so the infinite page loader thing can load more perhaps
Originally posted by Drex:
Not sure what weird issue you're having, I can view >50 just fine. You might need to get closer to the bottom of the list so the infinite page loader thing can load more perhaps
I am not talking about already uploaded screenshots , i am talking about the window from where you begin selecting screenshots for upload . It does NOT display more than 50 of the most recent screenshots. Meaning i cannot go back to see earlier screenshots at all and choose to upload them
Originally posted by Evil Tiger:
Originally posted by Drex:
I am not talking about already uploaded screenshots , i am talking about the window from where you begin selecting screenshots for upload . It does NOT display more than 50 of the most recent screenshots. Meaning i cannot go back to see earlier screenshots at all and choose to upload them
The window you're talking about still shows every screenshot I've ever taken, well over a hundred of them stretching back a few years. It's just even more of a pain in the crud to navigate now, and laggier, because of how much larger the thumbnails are. Possible you're experiencing a bug. Or, possible I'm experiencing one because I can still see everything, who knows!
kitten Jun 29 @ 11:55am 
so wait, inability to open a game's local screenshot folder with a button from screenshot manager is a feature?
Juhzor Jul 1 @ 3:39am 
Originally posted by Techbane #FreeHK:
The window you're talking about still shows every screenshot I've ever taken, well over a hundred of them stretching back a few years.

I have the same issue, after 50 screenshots it just doesn't show any more. It seems like it's an issue for some, but not for others.

One improvement with the current screenshot manager for me is that the process of deleting screenshots is faster. With the previous update, the process of deleting just a couple dozen selected screenshots would take minutes. It took so long that I had to do something else while deleting screenshots. Now it seems about as quick as the old manager.
Drex 10 hours ago 
So update on this for me. First off as Techbane said, I wasn't talking about the web one I was talking about the steam client's screenshot manager.

I wasn't having trouble with it before but now that I go back through my myriad of many, many, screenshots it's very strange.

Some games it's definitely showing them for, while others it's not showing all that many. Something is amiss there but it doesn't seem to effect every game.

My guess, is that this new screenshot manager is way, way, better on load speed and optimization than the last version, and I am quite sure this loads up things as you're scrolling and becoming available, instead of trying to load literally everything at once, like an unending website like the front of Steam's store for example.

My guess is there's something about the number of screenshots and having enough to trigger the next batch to load or something. I have some games where it might show easily over 100, but others where I can't get it to load a second page, it's like the trigger to do it isn't going off. But yeah on games I have a lot of where it seems to be getting stuck it is locking at 50, meanwhile others, it just keeps going, very weird.
Last edited by Drex; 10 hours ago
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Beta Feedback > Topic Details