STEAM GROUP
Steam Client Beta SteamBeta
STEAM GROUP
Steam Client Beta SteamBeta
IN-GAME
Founded
January 8, 2013
All Discussions > Beta Feedback > Topic Details
Bring the "Open folder" button baaaack!!
I don't understand why they removed the "open folder" button, it's so necessary! Sure, I already know the route from my screenshots, but it's very difficult to get there! If you don't understand what I'm saying, just look at the community tab.
Last edited by ⋆⁺✩ Salem ☾ Nyx ✦.˚; Jun 28 @ 7:10pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Was just going to come here and say this. Bring back the option to go to the screenshot folder on disk! I often want to share screenshots to Discord, or open them in an editor to crop them. Given that screenshots are understandably sorted by game ID instead of name, the button to open the screenshot folder directly was super useful.
This, it's a pointless change that helps nobody.
+1, absolutely horrid change. Every time the screenshots/media UI gets updated it's more bloated, laggy, AND missing basic functions that it used to have!
Yes, please!. It feels like such a massive oversight not having immediate access to the hard drive location.

Edit: We don't just want to look at them, sometimes wee need to edit them for bug reports, etc. or it's just easier to group mark them and then drag and drop them somewhere to upload them.

Edit: The interface feels like a downgraded version that we get when a company focuses on touch screen users.
Last edited by Amberbaum; Jun 27 @ 9:28pm
+1
Sumbu Jun 28 @ 12:32am 
+1
Natsu Jun 28 @ 1:39am 
+1 :maplechan:
Jimmerzz Jun 28 @ 4:31am 
Holy this was removed?? I spent so long looking for it yesterday. I thought I was going mad.
Please add it back...
AbbAUbaR Jun 28 @ 8:15am 
+over 9000
juice Jun 28 @ 2:55pm 
i was trying to send a screenshot of a game to ask my friend something about it and because of the way steam organizes screenshots i had to go through a ton of folders that were just numbers in order to find the proper game with the screenshots i wanted to send. absolutely terrible UI change and makes everything so much harder than it needs to be. actually stupid decision and the only thing that makes sense to me is that it was due to some sort of oversight where they forgot to carry it over because WHY would you remove that?? why was your decision to make it WORSE????? is it cause it looks SLIGHTLY cleaner? idk it sucks so bad. i shouldn't have to figure out the game ID of the screenshot i'm trying to send in order to find it stored on my computer. it's so garbage and i'm so annoyed by it
Need this! Very annoying having to find the game specific screenshot folder every time. Also I dunno why they changed having the screenshot gallery thumbnails next to the big preview to now having to go back and forth between preview and thumbnail gallery. It was pretty nice before.
Originally posted by SweatyPauls:
Need this! Very annoying having to find the game specific screenshot folder every time. Also I dunno why they changed having the screenshot gallery thumbnails next to the big preview to now having to go back and forth between preview and thumbnail gallery. It was pretty nice before.

I agree the old layout was better, but if nothing else the open folder button must be brought back.
As someone who uses screenshots for YouTube thumbnails, removing that button makes it so much more frustrating. There's no reason for it to be gone! Why make this simple thing so much more annoying? What's the point?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Beta Feedback > Topic Details