Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

View Stats:
Vik Jun 28 @ 3:12pm
Which tourist attractions double as entertainment for citizens?
Is it only the ones in both the tourist and residential menus? I'd really like to build some more stuff for my citizens to enjoy.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Stele Jun 28 @ 3:29pm 
All of them? I'm not sure about restaurants, they might act as normal grocery store. The rest provides atractions of various kinds but have long timers varing by type. For example tourist atractions like watchtowers won;t be visited frequently by locals.
Attractions found in the "alcohol," "culture," and "sport" categories in the "Residential areas" building selection section can be used to satisfy those needs like any other service building. To citizens, restaurants are just like grocery stores and the Republic theater is just like the cinema. Hotels are only usable by tourists.

Attractions that list an "attraction type" in their building selection popup, like pools and beaches, can be used to satisfy of any of the four leisure needs (sports, culture, drinking, prayer). Note that citizens who use an attraction type will not be able to use it again for some time after, even at a another building, though usually they can still use the building to satisfy a leisure need as normal. A rare few buildings forbid using the building at all to citizens who are still on a cool down for their attraction type.

For example, citizens can always satisfy sports at the indoor swimming pool, even if they used its attraction type (pools and beaches) to satisfy culture, drinking, or prayer. Citizens who recently satisfied a need with the galleries attraction type will not be able to satisfy their culture need at the art gallery. Citizens can only use the restaurant to get food and meat and only visit the Republic theater to satisfy culture.
Last edited by Silent_Shadow; Jun 28 @ 3:41pm
Vik Jun 29 @ 3:33pm 
Originally posted by Silent_Shadow:
Attractions found in the "alcohol," "culture," and "sport" categories in the "Residential areas" building selection section can be used to satisfy those needs like any other service building. To citizens, restaurants are just like grocery stores and the Republic theater is just like the cinema. Hotels are only usable by tourists.

Attractions that list an "attraction type" in their building selection popup, like pools and beaches, can be used to satisfy of any of the four leisure needs (sports, culture, drinking, prayer). Note that citizens who use an attraction type will not be able to use it again for some time after, even at a another building, though usually they can still use the building to satisfy a leisure need as normal. A rare few buildings forbid using the building at all to citizens who are still on a cool down for their attraction type.

For example, citizens can always satisfy sports at the indoor swimming pool, even if they used its attraction type (pools and beaches) to satisfy culture, drinking, or prayer. Citizens who recently satisfied a need with the galleries attraction type will not be able to satisfy their culture need at the art gallery. Citizens can only use the restaurant to get food and meat and only visit the Republic theater to satisfy culture.
Thanks for the in-depth response
me@***** Jun 30 @ 1:23pm 
Text copied from Peter:

"citizens just deciding where they can go to spend time.. in case cost level for attraction is high.. they will almost never go to visit attraction.. when price level for attraction is moderate.. in case the attraction is empty they will visit it.. in case attraction is about 50% occupied they stop to going to attraction.. in case cost of attraction is low.. citizen will normally use it till is full.. this simulate.. that when you have high cost.. attraction is more or less reserved for tourist only.. while you will have low cost.. citizen may go it.. and there will be no or less space for tourist.."
Vik Jun 30 @ 2:58pm 
Originally posted by me@*****:
Text copied from Peter:

"citizens just deciding where they can go to spend time.. in case cost level for attraction is high.. they will almost never go to visit attraction.. when price level for attraction is moderate.. in case the attraction is empty they will visit it.. in case attraction is about 50% occupied they stop to going to attraction.. in case cost of attraction is low.. citizen will normally use it till is full.. this simulate.. that when you have high cost.. attraction is more or less reserved for tourist only.. while you will have low cost.. citizen may go it.. and there will be no or less space for tourist.."
Ah, so if i have, for example, a sports hall or shopping centre that I only want citizens to use, I should drop the price to zero?
Skinner Jul 1 @ 11:48pm 
For example, citizens can always satisfy sports at the indoor swimming pool, even if they used its attraction type (pools and beaches) to satisfy culture, drinking, or prayer. Citizens who recently satisfied a need with the galleries attraction type will not be able to satisfy their culture need at the art gallery.
How come they can't use the art gallery in the same manner as the swimming pool?

Note that citizens who use an attraction type will not be able to use it again for some time after, even at a another building, though usually they can still use the building to satisfy a leisure need as normal. A rare few buildings forbid using the building at all to citizens who are still on a cool down for their attraction type.
They can use the same building or other buildings? Or is the gallery one of those rare few that forbid further usage?
Of all the attractions, only the art gallery and the Lviv Circus (from the Ukraine DLC) have the tag $ATTRACTIVE_USE_FORGOT_EVEN_MATCH, which forbids citizens from satisfying any needs there if they are still on cool down for the building's attraction type.
Skinner Jul 3 @ 7:06am 
As usual, great info and many thanks! :)
Hmmm, are there any interesting buildings in the Ukraine DLC? There isn't any information about the contents of it.
The Ukraine DLC basically adds a map, a bunch of very good buildings, and a few really good vehicles. If there were ever anything in this game to consider as pay to win, this would be it.

The map is based off of a region in Ukraine around Voronovytsya[www.google.com]
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3281087118

The buildings include:
  • Concert Hall «Urkaina» - Basically a cheaper yet bigger cinema that tourists can get a better rating at, but it needs more workers per visitor.
  • Palace of sports Dynamo - A bigger variant of the indoor swimming pool with a much higher visitor to worker ratio, but without the pools and beaches attraction type and much more expensive.
  • Ekspres bistro - A small cafe for tourists and citizens. Probably the only terrible building in the DLC, as it costs a lot to build for its capacity and gives a terrible attraction score that cannot be improved. Outclassed by the grocery for citizens and the attraction score is so low you might as well just serve tourists food in their hotel.
  • Dnipro Flats - A very tall apartment tower with 593 flats. Pretty expensive per flat (needs a lot of steel), but very space efficient.
  • Hotel Ukraine - A large hotel with 600 rooms for guests and a high attraction score. This is easily the best hotel in the game, with the second highest guest to worker ratio, a 5 star rating within easy reach, and all for a bargain price. The main downside is its size, but that is rarely an issue.
  • Lviv Circus - Another zoo but with a high attraction rating and large capacity. This building and the Art gallery are the only attractions that use the $ATTRACTIVE_USE_FORGOT_EVEN_MATCH tag, but this building only operates in > 10°C weather.
  • Okean Supermarket - A great shopping center for tourists; while having half the capacity of the Prior shopping center, this store can easily get a five star rating if built near water and it requires a lot less steel.
  • Dance Hall Romantyk - A club with stats a little worse than the cinema, but tourists can at least get a better rating here, meaning you can control the price.
  • Taras Shevchenko monument - A Ukrainian monument comparable to a smaller Red Star monument. Needs only 10 tons of steel but reaches out to 300m with a 3% loyalty boost.
  • Kyiv Independence Monument - A Ukrainian monument comparable to a larger Red Star monument. Needs 31 tons of steel, but reaches out to 600m (farthest in the game) with a loyalty boost of 6%.
  • Zaporozie Reactor - A nuclear power plant that is more fuel efficient and cheaper to build per MW than the base game nuclear power plants; it produces 97.5 MW and only needs one cooling tower, but it needs a lot more workers.
  • Zaporozie Veza - A cooling tower that behaves similarly to the base game version but it costs a bit less (-10% to -15%) to build.

The vehicles included are:
  • An-70 - A large cargo plane that is the most fuel efficient cargo airplane by far, has the second highest throughput of cargo planes, and it is the only vanilla airplane that can carry vehicles and containers. The main downsides are the need for a 1 km long runway and that it only becomes available sometime in 1994.
  • K-1 - A tram that is somewhat above average, but nothing too special.
  • ZAZ Lanos - A personal car that is fast (good handling) and yet much cheaper than the T613 and even a bit cheaper than the T603, but it has much less engine power and comes out sometime in 1997.
  • ZAZ Lanos Milicija - Police car version, but with the highest top speed (best handling) of any road vehicle with added engine power. Also comes out in 1997.
  • Z1102 Tavria - Another personal car, but more of an economic (fuel efficient, cheap) car that comes out in 1988.
  • Z 1102 Tavria Police - Police car version; pretty much the same car with a different paint job but for police use.
  • Projekt 1430 - One of the best ferries in the game; super cheap (less than 1/5th the cost of the Moskvich), great fuel economy (only beat by the Moskvich), can carry 200 riders, and has a decent speed (45 kph, Moskvich goes at 35 kph). The only downside is that it comes out sometime in 1969.
Last edited by Silent_Shadow; Jul 3 @ 9:28am
The Ukraine DLC basically adds a map, a bunch of very good buildings, and a few really good vehicles. If there were ever anything in this game to consider as pay to win, this would be it.
Amazing list, thank you!
I'm still pondering about it especially because these buildings are too good; I can't trust myself in not building them too much! :D
Last edited by Skinner; 22 hours ago
Of all the attractions, only the art gallery and the Lviv Circus (from the Ukraine DLC) have the tag $ATTRACTIVE_USE_FORGOT_EVEN_MATCH, which forbids citizens from satisfying any needs there if they are still on cool down for the building's attraction type.

Can you explain please about Art Gallery?I remember before I used it as a cheap replacement of cinema, but now I have it, my people using it, (and it says they satisfying culture there) but my cultural satisfaction is 0%
Last edited by Artur; 20 hours ago
Originally posted by Artur:

Can you explain please about Art Gallery?I remember before I used it as a cheap replacement of cinema, but now I have it, my people using it, (and it says they satisfying culture there) but my cultural satisfaction is 0%
It means people used it to satisfy other needs besides culture.
Note that citizens who use an attraction type will not be able to use it again for some time after, even at a another building, though usually they can still use the building to satisfy a leisure need as normal. A rare few buildings forbid using the building at all to citizens who are still on a cool down for their attraction type.

EDIT: A lot more details here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Workers_And_Resources/comments/1c4a4vo/passengers_vs_workers/

With all this in mind, you do not want citizens wasting the cool downs of attractions on leisure needs you support, as this lowers their enthusiasm for them and makes the attraction type unavailable for subsequent needs that you do want them to replace, like drinking or praying. With public transportation, you can bring citizens to approved needs first and then bring the remaining citizens with unapproved leisure needs to a subsequent stop by a bunch of attractions. This reduces the number of attraction types you need to keep everyone's unsupported leisure needs replaced.
Last edited by Skinner; 17 hours ago
Originally posted by Artur:
Citizens can use the art gallery to satisfy culture or they can use its "galleries" attraction type to replace a leisure need, but unlike almost all other leisure buildings with an attraction type, citizens cannot use the art gallery at all while on cool down for the "galleries" attraction type because it has the tag $ATTRACTIVE_USE_FORGOT_EVEN_MATCH.

Your citizens were most likely replacing their need to pray with the "galleries" attraction type and were then barred from satisfying culture at the art gallery until the ~15 day cool down was over. Since that was the only source of culture, your citizens could not satisfy culture that often, so their preference kept falling until they never asked for it.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50