Mad Father

Mad Father

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Tsumugi Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:18am
The Remake has just come out, and I've already had a game crash
in the prologue, I get a consistent game crash that says:

[Variant DB] ERROR: Non-existent Type Number 8 is being read.

Process mark:[Map Ev 0 CommonEv 123 Live 12] A parallel process error means the pos is unknown

Is this gonna be fixed soon? I'm on the edge of my seat wanting to play this remake.
Originally posted by The Mad Doctor:
Originally posted by playism_kido:
For users experiencing a DT error.
Please uninstall the game first.
Then delete all local files for Mad Father from your PC.
You can do this by right clicking the game>properties>local files, then delete all the files in the folder.
This should solve the error issue.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Ryliska Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:20am 
I have the same exact problem. I have file missing too. I was waiting since two hours to play and I can't. I'm so sad ;-;
The Mad Doctor Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:20am 
Same
i also got DB type 8 thingy
Tsumugi Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:21am 
Same
i also got DB type 8 thingy
Good to know I'm not the only one getting this crash then, here's hoping it'll be quickly patched.
LiteracyFanatic Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:32am 
I got the same error but I figured it was a Proton problem since I'm on Linux. Glad it's not just me.
Vivviaxx Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:34am 
I'm having the same problem. Only a few scenes into the prologue? Boom, error. Try skipping the prologue? Error. Try loading a save file that somehow exists despite showing 0 minutes on it? Very weird error where I got to watch Aya immediately die to a screaming mandrake with Ogre observing and a bunch of Ayas in the background. I was up for most of the night waiting for this update, too. It'll probably be fixed pretty soon, but still, how disappointing.
Tsumugi Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:35am 
Originally posted by Vivviaxx:
I'm having the same problem. Only a few scenes into the prologue? Boom, error. Try skipping the prologue? Error. Try loading a save file that somehow exists despite showing 0 minutes on it? Very weird error where I got to watch Aya immediately die to a screaming mandrake with Ogre observing and a bunch of Ayas in the background. I was up for most of the night waiting for this update, too. It'll probably be fixed pretty soon, but still, how disappointing.
lmao wtf
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
The Mad Doctor Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:35am 
You can do this by right clicking the game>properties>local files, then delete all the files in the folder.
Tsumugi Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:40am 
This worked, thank you!
Fannlen Nov 5, 2020 @ 12:52am 
(The game creator posted this, I hope it helps you)

deerly_main Nov 5, 2020 @ 5:14pm 
i got that error but my dad fixed it :steamhappy:
Originally posted by Netuno:
(The game creator posted this, I hope it helps you)

This doesn't work for me.
PikachuGirl1250 Nov 5, 2020 @ 6:55pm 
So...I've gone through everything, but it doesn't work, and I'm confused about a few things.

1. The error I was given was a DB error, not DT. I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but that's the type of error I get.

2. Second, when the developer tells us to delete the local files, what do they mean? Like what exact folder? What exact files? Not to mention the order of how to do everything. When I uninstall the game, there's two things. One, I can't access the game folder (named Mad Father) without going to the directory manually. Second, when I go to delete the files, there's almost nothing there to delete that would make any sort of difference. Plus if you delete the files while the game's installed, the game won't start. (Which is to be expected, but I thought I'd say something anyway).

I have experience modifying RPG Maker game files and what affects what, but I'm not an expert in deep bugs. Can someone explain what's up? Or better, can the developer find a way to fix this?
Hedgiebby22 Nov 5, 2020 @ 11:38pm 
[Variant DB] ERROR: Non-existant Type Number 8 is being read.

Process mark:[MapEv 0 CommonEv 123 Live 12] A parallel process error means the pos is unknown

--------------------

Ev0 Common123 Line12 Attempt to read a part that does not exist in the DB

--------------------

Type 8 cannot be located in this DB. Confirm this is the correct DB.

Process mark:[MapEv 0 CommonEv 123 Live 17] A parallel process error means the pos is unknown

--------------------

;_; help please
Win 10
Core i5 3570k
16GB RAM
Radeon RX580

Same instant crash happens when i try to play new game; for first time this was combinated with horribly broken sound, loudy noise on music background. Other attempts just crashed game, no more sound issue, and btw, after that 1st run of game i have to manualy run game.com file as an administrator, game just dont starts at all when i run it normal way.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2278647337
PikachuGirl1250 Nov 6, 2020 @ 9:44am 
Update: The game works in Safe Mode, apparently! But it doesn't give me anything that indicates what was wrong. Oh and here's my specs for the developer to see:

Product: HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0XX
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 19041.610
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 - 931.51 GB (This is my C: drive)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50