Buckshot Roulette

Buckshot Roulette

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Mistalleks  [developer] Apr 4 @ 10:39am
Known Issues \ Vulkan Error
Known Issues
  • Permanent blood splatter\red screen\'breaking bad lighting' when launching the game in OpenGL — ☑️Fixed in v1.2.1
  • Controller inputs not working on the victory screen — ☑️Fixed in v1.2.1
  • Crackling sound \ sound disappearing after starting the game — 🔍Investigating
  • Game crashing\freezing\visually glitching after dying — 🔍Investigating
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: Buckshot Roulette is built with GODOT engine, which uses Vulkan API instead of DirectX.

Buckshot Roulette also does not officially support Mac OS. Unfortunately, Mac OS is notorious for problems with Vulkan API, and your best bet is to try and launch the game with OpenGL (as described below).

Another solution might be using an app like Parallels[www.parallels.com] or PlayOnMac[www.playonmac.com] to try an launch the game in an emulated Windows environment.

Please, consider this before buying the game!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vulkan Error
If you’re getting the “Unable to initialize Vulkan video driver” error, make sure that your Vulkan video driver is up to date. You can download the latest version from these pages:
Vulkan for NVidia GeForce graphics cards[developer.nvidia.com]
Vulkan for AMD Radeon graphics cards[gpuopen.com]

If your graphics card doesn’t support Vulkan, you can try launching Buckshot Roulette in OpenGL mode.

Easy way
  1. Right-click Buckshot Roulette in your Steam Library
  2. Select 'Properties...'
  3. Paste under 'Launch Options' the following
    --rendering-driver opengl3
  4. Close the window and try launching the game.

Hard way
To do this on Windows:
  1. Press Win+R, type in cmd and press Enter. A command terminal window will open.
  2. Enter
    cd [Path to Buckshot Roulette folder on your computer]
    and press Enter
  3. Paste
    "Buckshot Roulette.exe" --rendering-driver opengl3
    and press Enter again

To do this on Mac OS:
  1. Open Terminal.app (press Cmd + Space and enter Terminal). A command terminal window will open.
  2. Enter
    cd [Path to Buckshot Roulette folder on your computer]
    and press Enter
  3. Paste
    "Buckshot Roulette.exe" --rendering-driver opengl3
    and press Enter again
Last edited by Mistalleks; Apr 9 @ 11:34am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 171 comments
McpCosmO Apr 4 @ 10:48am 
hi.. the red tinted screen and bloodstains bug is still present using opengl3.

ps: u can simply enter the command within steam lauch command section for the game
Last edited by McpCosmO; Apr 5 @ 12:12pm
Originally posted by McpCosmO:

ps: und can simply enter the command within steam lauch command section for the game
Yo thx that helped me its working now thx

ps: und can simply enter the command within steam lauch command section for the game
but i got red tinted screen and bloodstains too
Regil Apr 4 @ 10:55am 

Thx, its worked
Mistalleks  [developer] Apr 4 @ 10:56am 

We know of this bug. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to fix, but we're working on it!

p.s. thanks for reminding me about Steam Launch Options!
Last edited by Mistalleks; Apr 4 @ 10:58am
Originally posted by Mistalleks:

We know of this bug. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to fix, but we're working on it!
:steamthumbsup:
Do I have to do this every time to open the game?
Also, there are square brackets everywhere.
Last edited by Bruh_Gaming; Apr 4 @ 11:47am
Mistalleks  [developer] Apr 4 @ 11:47am 
Originally posted by Bruh_Gaming:
If you use the Steam Launch Options solution -- no, those are applied automatically!
Darvan Apr 4 @ 11:56am 
Hi, when you click on the door almost starting the game, the audio sudenly stops and you cant hear nothing
Originally posted by Bruh_Gaming:
If you use the Steam Launch Options solution -- no, those are applied automatically!
Nevermind I tried that and it worked
Last edited by Bruh_Gaming; Apr 4 @ 12:16pm
[/quote]

Known Issues
Buckshot Roulette also does not officially support Mac OS. Unfortunately, Mac OS is notorious for problems with Vulkan API, and your best bet is to try and launch the game with OpenGL (as described below).

Well damn, and here I was eager to see it come on Mac as well, been very much wanting to play it ever since I first saw it. Oh well, maybe one day.
The game crashed if I start with simplified Chinese, it works after using this code, but bloodstains begin to appear.
Mistalleks  [developer] Apr 4 @ 12:50pm 
Originally posted by 啵啵美女宝:
The game crashed if I start with simplified Chinese, it works after using this code, but bloodstains begin to appear.
Very sorry to hear this
We're working on fixing the blood stains as soon as possible.

As for the crash when you select Chinese — can you please share your player log file, so we can take a closer look and see if we can find something?

You can find it by navigating to
C:\Users\(your profile name)\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Buckshot Roulette/logs

You can use any file sharing website you find most convenient. Just drop the link in this thread.
Last edited by Mistalleks; Apr 4 @ 12:54pm
Mistalleks  [developer] Apr 4 @ 12:52pm 
Originally posted by Drakalian the Dragon King:
Well damn, and here I was eager to see it come on Mac as well, been very much wanting to play it ever since I first saw it. Oh well, maybe one day.

We're really sorry. Since it's because of GODOT, we can't do much here. And changing engines is just not feasible. Maybe we'll get a solution in the future, though!
Last edited by Mistalleks; Apr 4 @ 1:06pm
Mistalleks  [developer] Apr 4 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by i have a dog in my hot car:
Hi, when you click on the door almost starting the game, the audio sudenly stops and you cant hear nothing
Hey! We'd very much like to see your logs if possible

You can find them
C:\Users\(your profile name)\AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Buckshot Roulette/logs

Use any file sharing website you'd like and send the link here!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 171 comments
Per page: 1530 50