Clock Tower: Rewind

Clock Tower: Rewind

4:3 aspect ratio and CRT/scanline options?
The screenshots show the game with an 8:7 aspect ratio. While that is the internal aspect ratio of the SFC/SNES, games werr actually presented with a 4:3 stretch (112.75% horizontal stretch) on CRTs, so I'm hoping that will be an option in the game settings. Even bigger bonus if there are retro/CRT filters and scanlines settings, too.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
I really want a scanline filter too, I felt so ripped off from Zombies Ate My Neighbors not having any.

Raw pixels don't look for these old games and I question anyone who thinks otherwise.
Keiyuu Jun 10 @ 10:32am 
Looking at their trailers, they seem to use a CRT corrected aspect ratio (or something close to it) most of the time so I'd assume there will be an option.

Originally posted by Odjn Ryu:
While that is the internal aspect ratio of the SFC/SNES, games werr actually presented with a 4:3 stretch (112.75% horizontal stretch) on CRTs

Not sure how you calculated that percentage, but when using the proper DAR for SNES it's actually ~114.29%, or ~14.29% wider than the PAR.
Odjn Ryu Jun 11 @ 11:35am 
Originally posted by Keiyuu:
Looking at their trailers, they seem to use a CRT corrected aspect ratio (or something close to it) most of the time so I'd assume there will be an option.

Originally posted by Odjn Ryu:
While that is the internal aspect ratio of the SFC/SNES, games werr actually presented with a 4:3 stretch (112.75% horizontal stretch) on CRTs

Not sure how you calculated that percentage, but when using the proper DAR for SNES it's actually ~114.29%, or ~14.29% wider than the PAR.
https://www.retrorgb.com/virtualdub.html
From Retro RGB:

"Ste from HD Retrovision derived a generalized formula, which can be used with various console measurements to calculate the proper correction ratio for any type of input:

https://cdn.retrorgb.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/horiz_correction_factor.png

– For 256 sources, scale by 112.75% horizontally (288.651/256).
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50