Clock Tower: Rewind

Clock Tower: Rewind

josh Jun 5 @ 1:57pm
Controller required
Why do this? The original PC/PS1 ports had mouse support, and it being a point and click game.. mouse was the superior way to play it. Kind of pointless to release a remaster of it in 2024 with gimped controls.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Yeah. I'm interested in this game, or I would be, but I have no desire to play with a controller.
Zombie Jun 5 @ 2:59pm 
Deeply unserious behavior from Wayforward and LRG. I expected a professional effort from them. This isn't even close.
Good thing you can get it for free online.
Hideo Jun 5 @ 3:58pm 
Originally posted by Zombie:
Deeply unserious behavior from Wayforward and LRG. I expected a professional effort from them. This isn't even close.
Oh, Limited Run Games is involved in this? Then I have a bad feeling.
I wonder if it's based on the PS1 version and that's why it's using the controller? The PS1 had some upgrades from the SNES. It would be an easy if lazy choice to just use the PS1 and put a wrapper on it for PC launching.
josh Jun 5 @ 5:08pm 
Originally posted by Sunday Driver:
I wonder if it's based on the PS1 version and that's why it's using the controller? The PS1 had some upgrades from the SNES. It would be an easy if lazy choice to just use the PS1 and put a wrapper on it for PC launching.
It's the other way around, PS1 version had official mouse support for it. SNES version didn't. Since LRG is involved they probably just put a modified SNES rom in an emulator and called it a day. The thing is.. there's already a custom SNES version with English and mouse support so it really makes no sense why they couldn't do the bare minimum here. Anyway, I hope it's based on the PS1 version because that one has more content
josh Jun 5 @ 5:33pm 
Looks like they changed the store page. It now says a controller is recommended but doesn't seem to be required
Originally posted by josh:
It's the other way around, PS1 version had official mouse support for it. SNES version didn't. Since LRG is involved they probably just put a modified SNES rom in an emulator and called it a day. The thing is.. there's already a custom SNES version with English and mouse support so it really makes no sense why they couldn't do the bare minimum here. Anyway, I hope it's based on the PS1 version because that one has more content
Good points. We'll have to wait and see. The Steam store page seems to be promising an original version and the improved/upgraded version being both available. At that point I wonder if the controller required thing is a mistake and there will be mouse? Surely they wouldn't go all the way back to SNES version and then upgrade that instead of working from the PS1, which you've pointed out already had mouse support as well as the extra content anyway?

I can see why they can't use someone else's custom content for the SNES version...without paying them...but if they have the rights and are paying money the PS1 seems the best foundation to start with. I love this Clock Tower and wish there was a bunch of games like it with this art style and feel to it. It would be good thing to mod and expand upon by a team like this, assuming they are capable.
Stoibs Jun 5 @ 6:15pm 
Oof. Big L

What went from an instant day-1 preorder is now me cautiously waiting for the devs to clarify this, or some early reviews giving us the rundown.
Last edited by Stoibs; Jun 5 @ 6:15pm
Weskher Jun 5 @ 8:29pm 
It's not. They've said that it is based on the SFC version of the game, and the PS1 inclusions were retroactively ported back.

Ironically, there was also a native PC version with mouse support too back in the day.
Originally posted by Weskher:
It's not. They've said that it is based on the SFC version of the game, and the PS1 inclusions were retroactively ported back.

Ironically, there was also a native PC version with mouse support too back in the day.
Another plot twist! I guess I'm going to have to wait and see how this launches. Hopefully it's good as I really want to have a good polished Clock Tower that keeps the magic. :)

It was such a special game.
Last edited by Sunday Driver; Jun 5 @ 8:31pm
Lennyzin Jun 5 @ 10:35pm 
I think you can play it easily on the keyboard, you don't exactly need a controller, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for them to release it on PC. But, it's kind of annoying that a remaster for the modern generation doesn't simply have mouse support. They did a live on Twitch and someone asked about it, whether it was intentional or a technical failure, but I don't remember exactly what they said, but it was probably a technical failure... Possibly, in the future, maybe they will add mouse support... At least I hope so, lol.

Anyway, them remembering the game and reliving it for us is the best thing for now.
Stoibs Jun 6 @ 12:06am 
Originally posted by Lennyzin:
They did a live on Twitch and someone asked about it,
Oooh do you happen to remember the channel and/or if there's a VOD to check out?
Lennyzin Jun 6 @ 12:23am 
Originally posted by Stoibs:
They did a live on Twitch and someone asked about it,
Oooh do you happen to remember the channel and/or if there's a VOD to check out?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2160290013
Here is the live link. Now the exact moment the person asks and they answer I don't know anymore lolol :LIS_poker_face:
Lennyzin Jun 6 @ 12:29am 
Originally posted by Stoibs:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2160290013
Here is the live link. Now the exact moment the person asks and they answer I don't know anymore lolol :LIS_poker_face:
I found. They talk about, in time: 00:54:15 of the live, for anyone who wants to take a look.
Last edited by Lennyzin; Jun 6 @ 12:31am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50