Whispering Lane
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Airem  [developer] May 12 @ 4:55am
Gamepad configuration, save game problems etc.
Introduction:
As a one-person studio, I cannot test all gamepad models available in the market. However, I understand that some players might encounter issues with their gamepads while playing. This mini guide aims to provide you with quick solutions to common gamepad-related problems. If you face any issues, feel free to reach out to me at info@airem.pl or leave a message on the forum.

Problem: Gamepad not detected

Solution 1: The fastest solution

1) Close the game either through the in-game menu or by pressing ALT+F4.
2) Connect your gamepad to your system.
3) Start the game and your gamepad should be detected.

Solution 2: Gamepad not detected properly
There might be instances when your gamepad is not detected correctly. Try the following solutions:

Option A:
1) Exit the game completely.
2) Connect your gamepad to your system.
3) Launch the game again, and the gamepad should be recognized.

Option B:
1) Start the game.
2) Check if the gamepad responds. If not, proceed to the next step.
3) Go to the "Settings" menu within the game.
4) Navigate to the "Controller" section.
5) Choose a template that matches your gamepad model (e.g., PlayStation, Xbox, etc.).
6) Click "Apply" to save the settings.

Additional tip:
- Use mouse and keyboard in settings
- Restart Your computer
- Try another gamepad
- Check Your gamepad in others games
- Check battery (wireless gamepad)
- Check other USB ports
- Update gamepad drivers
- Verify gamepad compatibility
- Check for game updates
- Avoid Using Third-Party Input Managers

Corrupt save game?
If your save game has disappeared, try the following method:

Solution 1: The fastest solution

1) Go to C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_LOGIN\AppData\LocalLow\Airem\Whispering Lane\Data or type %appdata% in Windows "run command"
2) In Airem->Whispering Lane->Data find a folder "SavedGame"
3) You can make copies of these files (SavedGame folder). The last file has the highest number E.g. Save15.sav, start deleting the files from the highest to the smallest (you can sort the files in explorer by name) and now see if you can now load the game in the main menu.

Solution 2: The fastest solution
1) You can write me an e-mail info@airem.pl, maybe I will be able to save the save game.

More information
Also check out the mini guide to Whispering Lane: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2754490/discussions/0/4336483474868080017/

Conclusion:
I hope this mini guide helps you resolve any gamepad-related problems you may encounter while playing the game. If you face any other issues or need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me at info@airem.pl or leave a message on the forum. Your feedback and input are valuable in improving the gaming experience for everyone. Happy gaming!
Last edited by Airem; Jun 18 @ 3:32am
Date Posted: May 12 @ 4:55am