Star Birds

Star Birds

DNB Jun 10 @ 9:31am
Project Mango - wassup with the game name?
I remember the launch of Project Mango only a few months ago, and immediately I was very interested. I gather this project is now called "Star Birds" - but what is in a name?

I liked Project Mango ... not so keen on Star Birds :sleeperinterface:. Here are my initial thoughts:

"Birds" is also a slang word in UK English, meaning "young woman," particularly used in a way to suggest a "young and available woman." It was used a lot until the end of the 1970's, then it became gradually less well used because people considered it derogatory.

Here is one discussion of the English slang meaning:
https://zoonerdy.com/what-is-the-reason-for-english-girls-being-referred-to-as-birds/?utm_content=cmp-true

Well, maybe you don't have this issue in German. And maybe American English speaking people don't have issue either.

But Star Birds = Star + Birds ?? How did you arrive at that?

Wouldn't Avian Asteroids be better name? Or even Avians, Asteroids and Stars.

But Star Birds is Wacko-rooney ???! Please.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
fabenus Jun 10 @ 11:22am 
Nice Ragebait
DNB Jun 11 @ 12:28pm 
Originally posted by fabenus:
Nice Ragebait
Nice thoughts!
Avians, Asteroids and Stars. Yeah, that rolls off the tongue. You should go into marketing. Ooh, Politically Correct Pelicans, perhaps?
DNB Jun 20 @ 12:15am 
Glad you like it.
Politically Correct Penguins has an impact, although it sounds to me like Krautrock (kosmische Musik) / Space rock / Progressive Rock band name from the 1970s :sleeperintuit:
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50