American Truck Simulator

American Truck Simulator

View Stats:
Most realistic settings for trucks ?
Is there some site or a place with all the settings in the gameplay option menu that would be the most realistic for x truck.

I can guess that the new kenworth T680 has more stability, better brake and so on than a 389 for example ?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
HOLY_RHIN0 Jun 29 @ 8:16pm 
I run this
Brake intensity 66%
Truck stability 11%
Trailer stability 20%
Driveshaft torque 100%
Suspension stiff 6%
Cabin stiffness 16%
Uneven surface simulation 90%

And I use real truck physics mod by frkn64

I found this to be most real compared to driving a rig in real life.

Using those settings without the mod you will notice a difference also with scs trucks.
Last edited by HOLY_RHIN0; Jun 29 @ 8:17pm
NiLL Jun 29 @ 8:54pm 
11%?! thats scary!
Originally posted by NiLL:
11%?! thats scary!

lmao rock and roll!
NiLL Jul 1 @ 11:43pm 
Originally posted by HOLY_RHIN0:
Originally posted by NiLL:
11%?! thats scary!

lmao rock and roll!
ROLL is right holy cow! :black:
CEPHY Jul 2 @ 12:18am 
Originally posted by HOLY_RHIN0:
I run this
Brake intensity 66%
Truck stability 11%
Trailer stability 20%
Driveshaft torque 100%
Suspension stiff 6%
Cabin stiffness 16%
Uneven surface simulation 90%

And I use real truck physics mod by frkn64

I found this to be most real compared to driving a rig in real life.

Using those settings without the mod you will notice a difference also with scs trucks.
Yeah I just tried those settings,

corners above 70 KPH are scary.
_KC76_ Jul 2 @ 5:39am 
Originally posted by Fluffy The Destroyer:
Is there some site or a place with all the settings in the gameplay option menu that would be the most realistic for x truck.

I can guess that the new kenworth T680 has more stability, better brake and so on than a 389 for example ?

I hate to be the wet towel, but your presumption that newer trucks have "more stability, better brake and so on" than trucks only a few years older, is simply incorrect.

Pretty much every "big truck" built since 1980 handles the same, within it's class of trucks.
-- A 1990 Daycab Peterbilt will handle just like a 2015 daycab Freightliner .. Many of them use the same chassis components from 3rd party suppliers, but even the ones that have their own "brand" of suspension still rely on the same 2 systems: Leaf Springs or Air Bags, and both are designed to carry the same load under the same forces.

As for Game Settings; I'd guess this is why what-ever settings you choose, they apply to all the trucks the same way .. there is no individual settings for each truck. The specific little differences are built in to the game code.
Last edited by _KC76_; Jul 2 @ 5:41am
Just adjust your cab stability to a higher setting for more stiffness. I like feeling my load shift around when cornering.
Originally posted by _KC76_:

I hate to be the wet towel, but your presumption that newer trucks have "more stability, better brake and so on" than trucks only a few years older, is simply incorrect.

Pretty much every "big truck" built since 1980 handles the same, within it's class of trucks.
-- A 1990 Daycab Peterbilt will handle just like a 2015 daycab Freightliner .. Many of them use the same chassis components from 3rd party suppliers, but even the ones that have their own "brand" of suspension still rely on the same 2 systems: Leaf Springs or Air Bags, and both are designed to carry the same load under the same forces.

As for Game Settings; I'd guess this is why what-ever settings you choose, they apply to all the trucks the same way .. there is no individual settings for each truck. The specific little differences are built in to the game code.
seems odd that a supposedly a simulator game doesnt have any realistic settings for trucks if you look at it ? lol. its funny to some extent. you could make the truck stop on a dime really lol
_KC76_ Jul 2 @ 5:38pm 
seems odd that a supposedly a simulator game doesnt have any realistic settings for trucks if you look at it ? lol. its funny to some extent. you could make the truck stop on a dime really lol
It's not odd at all, when you understand that this is not a "Truck Driving Simulator" .. It's a driving simulation GAME aimed at an "all ages" demographic .. :steammocking:
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50