American Truck Simulator

American Truck Simulator

View Stats:
Speed limit bug in Kansas City?
Seems like the devs might have set some invalid speed limits in Kansas City.

There was a 45 mph zone that was showing 28 mph on my GPS and a 50 mph zone that was showing 34 mph on my GPS.

Seems like the European devs might have set a limit in kph instead of mph -- since 45 kph would be about 28 mph. It was only a couple of zones, but probably should be corrected.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Madkine Jun 29 @ 12:07am 
More likely a mod issue.

If you think it's a bug, the bug reporting forum is here - https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=328

Please follow the bug reporting process - https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16653

Game logs and coordinates are important.
Cypher Jun 29 @ 4:44am 
I noticed that as well. There was speed limits in KM even on the road signs. In fact I swapped my units to metric, because of it.
Last edited by Cypher; Jun 29 @ 4:45am
Wolfgang Jun 29 @ 5:00am 
Mod problem.
I don't think it is a mod problem - I don't use mod maps - in fact most of my mods are sound mods. I do use a modded version of the gps and hud displays, but if they were a problem it would likely be everywhere, not just a couple of speeds zones in Kansas city.

I looked at the map and the speed zones are actually the part of the I-35 that is in just over the border into Missouri, so it might be a configuration problem for the state of Missouri - which is not out yet.

Even if it is a problem, it is not a big problem and will likely be fixed when the Missouri DLC is released. I thought I would mention it, but it is not really a big problem and I am not even willing to disable my mods and retest it. And since these roads are likely to be changed with the Missouri release, it will likely change/be fixed anyways.
Wolfgang Jun 30 @ 2:14am 
Originally posted by Duke Leto:
I don't think it is a mod problem - I don't use mod maps - in fact most of my mods are sound mods. I do use a modded version of the gps and hud displays, but if they were a problem it would likely be everywhere, not just a couple of speeds zones in Kansas city.

I looked at the map and the speed zones are actually the part of the I-35 that is in just over the border into Missouri, so it might be a configuration problem for the state of Missouri - which is not out yet.

Even if it is a problem, it is not a big problem and will likely be fixed when the Missouri DLC is released. I thought I would mention it, but it is not really a big problem and I am not even willing to disable my mods and retest it. And since these roads are likely to be changed with the Missouri release, it will likely change/be fixed anyways.
As it is not a game bug, no it won't be fixed by the devs.
Simple tip: Unless you can reproduce it on a vanilla profile (no mods ever on it), it is not a bug.
Bro you can skip all the scs forums and just use the f11 key in game to report stuff. Then you can add a big note also. Without people complaining about reporting in the wrong area of a BUG forum. I'm sure more bugs would be reported and fixed if everybody just use the f11 key instead of forums. Not much traffic in the scs forums to begin with.
Originally posted by HOLY_RHIN0:
Bro you can skip all the scs forums and just use the f11 key in game to report stuff. Then you can add a big note also. Without people complaining about reporting in the wrong area of a BUG forum. I'm sure more bugs would be reported and fixed if everybody just use the f11 key instead of forums. Not much traffic in the scs forums to begin with.
That won't report any bug but just list the coordinates in your bugs.txt file. You still have to report the bug on the SCS Forum.
I do believe it is a bug. I went down that highway on a vanilla profile and not only does the GPS report the lower speed limit but the AI complies with it as well. Bug was reported.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50