Dystopika

Dystopika

View Stats:
Suggestion: Elevated Train/Metro/Monorail
dev man, i think a really good step to making roads would be to make trains or monorails first, to experiment with moving objects on player determined paths
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
It'd be a good launch point for a pathed camera too. Adding a train-cam would give players a way to make a guided view around their city for dystopian viewing displeasure.
love this idea
wleon Jul 3 @ 9:18am 
Originally posted by panzerhund_1960:
dev man, i think a really good step to making roads would be to make trains or monorails first, to experiment with moving objects on player determined paths
The elevated monorail is a great idea.
Let's follow this train of thought and see where it goes. Hopefully it ends up being trains in the game!
flying trains that don't need train tracks to go with the flying cars=perfect:)
setup a custom train route n place ya hover train stations on the side of ya buildings for ya hover trains to stop at n watch ya trains fly around with glowing thrusters on em=that be cool
attach the camera to cars/trains in photo mode POV ride the flying trains/cars
+ 1

https://youtu.be/M0NgKiB_DZQ?si=V3g9x22VqcFPbHlG
train is too clean swap steam for coal

hmm maybe it could use train tracks at train stations but who needs train tracks when trains can fly?
just needs many xtra carriages with a train of billboards on em n besides placing train tracks bites=lose the train tracks so ones trains can fly with the cars:)
Last edited by A JANITOR; Jul 3 @ 7:36pm
Originally posted by A JANITOR:
hmm maybe it could use train tracks but who needs train tracks when trains can fly?

That kind of thinking is bending towards a bright and shiny future of sensible engineering and exploiting available tech to make everything nicer for everyone... but this is Dystopika, so there's definitely gonna be needlessly stinky noisy high volume commuter rail snaking between buildings.

In fact, I'd have to assume it's theoretically already there, just underground so the commuters get shunted from workplace to home in noisy, dimly-lit, overcrowded metal cans in a horrible tunnel for the whole journey :rrazz:

That said, some elevated rail would let the masses who can't afford flying cars see what they're missing out on (alongside the giant billboards and other horrors their corpo civilization has wrought upon the world)
I love the idea of a metro system going around the poor areas of my city.
I imagine the flying cars being reserved for the rich and the lucky few below and the equivalent of Taxis.
Originally posted by A JANITOR:
flying trains that don't need train tracks to go with the flying cars=perfect:)
setup a custom train route n place ya hover train stations on the side of ya buildings for ya hover trains to stop at n watch ya trains fly around with glowing thrusters on em=that be cool
attach the camera to cars/trains in photo mode POV ride the flying trains/cars
+ 1

https://youtu.be/M0NgKiB_DZQ?si=V3g9x22VqcFPbHlG
train is too clean swap steam for coal

hmm maybe it could use train tracks at train stations but who needs train tracks when trains can fly?
just needs many xtra carriages with a train of billboards on em n besides placing train tracks bites=lose the train tracks so ones trains can fly with the cars:)

thats called a plane. good on you for being creative with this tho
Last edited by panzerhund_1960; Jul 4 @ 8:27pm
Originally posted by Spratty23:
I love the idea of a metro system going around the poor areas of my city.
I imagine the flying cars being reserved for the rich and the lucky few below and the equivalent of Taxis.

yeah. like in cyberpunk 2077
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50