Dystopika

Dystopika

View Stats:
costs less than a bowl of ramen my ass
Who the ♥♥♥♥ pays over $7 for a bowl of ramen? Boujie ass dev must be rich buying ramen for that price. I ain't buying until he lowers the price to less than a bowl of Top Ramen.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
A typical bowl of ramen in a restaurant especially in the US is between $15 - $20. My favorite bowl Nanchatte Tonkotsu Ramen is $13.00 before tax at my fav Noodle shop.
The real dystopia is spending more than $3.75 on ramen tbh
To be fair, Matt never said which bowl of ramen... but he should perhaps be strongly urged to consume the cheapest ramen he can find in his locale (instant if necessary) to properly appreciate what "less than a bowl of ramen" is supposed to mean. :happy_creep:
I don't know man, a proper, average ramen in Japan that is not absolute barebones is about 1000 yen (last I remember from my 2 months there back in 2023). It's 6.2 USD at the moment. Not huge difference. Could be lower but currently there is a price-rising trend so I'd expect it to be back around 7 USD soon. I saw some for 700 yen but these were japanese portions - half a dish for European and mere appetizer for burger lovers from the other side of the Atlantic. And no, I don't even talk about Osaka or Yokohama but places like Yamaguchi or Beppu.

Bowl of ramen in Poland is currently about 35-45 PLN, which is expensive (45 PLN = 11 USD currently). Game is about 29 PLN, which makes his statement true for a lot of countries probably...and even Japan is not that far off.

Of course, you can go lower with instant ramen but I don't think he meant that.

BTW, what's your grief here man xD
Tajer Jul 1 @ 9:00am 
Originally posted by Apply_Meme:
The real dystopia is that people think Top Ramen is real ramen and are too poor to afford quality ramen.
Best thing to do is when the ramen noodles are boiling, drop an egg or two in it. yum.
Bjørn Jul 1 @ 3:47pm 
I don't believe I've ever had ramen, unless those dried noodle packages that come with a bag of spices and you pour boiling water over and stir count? :lunar2019grinningpig: Anyway, we just call those noodles here in Norway. Typical student meals...

But I just did a search, and found a restaurant in Oslo that sells ramen (none in my city Stavanger at first glance, but there probably are), and it costs 245,- NOK, which is about 25 dollars :lunar2019shockedpig:

https://www.hrimnir-ramen.no/meny

There are probably cheaper places and stuff (and there are certainly more expensive dishes in restaurants!), but I don't think ramen is very common here. I'll have a look for it when I'm eating out from now, as I've seen it's always popular in those cyberpunk themed games :cybereye:

Also,

Originally posted by Crinkles:
To be fair, Matt never said which bowl of ramen...

Where is this mentioned, please? Not on the store page, I think? Got me curious. Just got the game, and loved the vibes!
Originally posted by Apply_Meme:

Dystopia is spending less that that on a meal. Good ramen is, well, not all that bad for you. Loaded with salt and carbs, but hopefully you get some protein and greens as well, and you do hydrate.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50