Tiny Glade

Tiny Glade

This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
anopara  [developer] May 30 @ 7:23am
[Demo] Troubleshooting guide
Game fails to start

If your computer meets our system requirements (see bottom of the Steam page) but the game fails to launch for you, these steps might help 🤞

🐑 NVIDIA
Most issues with the game not launching on modern NVIDIA cards are fixed by reinstalling drivers - even the exact same version. The NVIDIA driver installer has an option to perform a "clean" installation, which might be handy for this. This can be confusing, but we've learned that apparently drivers can somehow install themselves incorrectly or become broken in Windows. Many other games don't experience those, as they use Direct3D for graphics, while we use Vulkan, and the Vulkan component is often broken.

🐑 Update your graphics drivers
Tiny Glade uses a few advanced graphics effects, and older drivers aren't kind to us which can cause the game crashing for you on start 😿 (note: Windows doesn't keep your drivers up-to-date). You can find the latest drivers here for:
* NVIDIA[www.nvidia.com]
* AMD[www.amd.com]
* Intel Arc, Iris Xe, and newer UHD Graphics[www.intel.com]

🐑 Older Intel (U)HD Graphics
Please note that we don't support older Intel (U)HD Graphics (but if you reeaally want to try it, here are the drivers[www.intel.com]).

⚠ Some old Intel devices do not support Vulkan, and will not be able to run Tiny Glade. Please check whether your processor is supported here[www.intel.com] under "Intel® Core™ Processors".

🐑 Verify integrity of game files
Sometimes something can go bork, and the game is not installed correctly. To verify the files, follow these steps:
in your Steam library, right-click on Tiny Glade
Go to "Properties" ➡ "Installed Files" ➡ "Verify integrity of game files"

🐑 Linux Wayland is not supported
If you're using Wayland, please try using X11 or XWayland instead. We will add support for Wayland later

🐑 Windows 11 & HDR profile
We’ve heard reports that HDR profile on Windows 11 causes the game to crash. Here is how[support.microsoft.com] you can disable it.

🐑 Old classic of restarting your computer
Last but not least, "have you tried turning it off and on again" 😅👩‍💻

Game is slow on my PC

🐑 The game is slow all the time 🦥
Tiny Glade needs a mid-range graphics card with up-to-date drivers. Here’s[www.howtogeek.com] how you can check which graphics card you have - if you only have integrated Intel (U)HD Graphics, Tiny Glade will unfortunately be slow. Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics does a bit better, but you may need to reduce either the screen resolution or “render scale”.

Inside Tiny Glade, try going to Settings -> Video, and reduce “Render scale”. Disabling “V-Sync” might help a little bit too.

🐑 The game slows down when I build 🐢
We’re still working on optimizations. Please hold 📞💗
Last edited by anopara; Jun 3 @ 5:06am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 111 comments
rafal May 30 @ 11:52am 
The game still doesn't open. It shows the error that the vulcan graphics doesn't work with my graphics card(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti) I downloaded the newest version of the graphics driver,and it still shows the same.
h3r2tic  [developer] May 30 @ 11:57am 
Originally posted by rafal:
The game still doesn't open. It shows the error that the vulcan graphics doesn't work with my graphics card(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti) I downloaded the newest version of the graphics driver,and it still shows the same.

Ugh, sorry to hear that... We've seen a few instances of this error, but we're not quite sure yet what could be causing it. For some reason the `vulkan-1.dll` component of the driver just refuses to load. We haven't been able to reproduce this on our internal test machines so far, even with fresh Windows installations :S
Hey I got a pop up when I first tried the demo about what graphics to use and I think I picked the wrong one but I can't get that pop up to open again despite installing the game and now it just won't get past the title card 😭, is there anything I can do to fix that?
h3r2tic  [developer] May 30 @ 12:09pm 
Originally posted by rose_wolf_1625:
Hey I got a pop up when I first tried the demo about what graphics to use and I think I picked the wrong one but I can't get that pop up to open again despite installing the game and now it just won't get past the title card 😭, is there anything I can do to fix that?

In Steam's Properties for Tiny Glade, under "Launch Options" you can add "--select-gpu" (without the quotes). This will force the graphics selection screen to appear.
slewin73 May 30 @ 12:24pm 
Ive had this same issue. :( , I also have the Nvidia GTX 1650 Ti and it wont even open the game without crashing saying the same message about Vulcan Graphics?, The game looks great though! ive been following since 2021 :steamhappy:
h3r2tic  [developer] May 30 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by slewin73:
Ive had this same issue. :( , I also have the Nvidia GTX 1650 Ti and it wont even open the game without crashing saying the same message about Vulcan Graphics?, The game looks great though! ive been following since 2021 :steamhappy:

Oh noes 😭 Thanks for trying the demo 🥲 We'll fix it as soon as we can 💗
RTX3080 same issue demo game dont start (driver updated)

Also had this problem on a GTX 1650 Ti! Found a working solution on reddit: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5182/~/unable-to-launch-vulkan-apps%2Fgame-on-notebooks-with-amd-radeon-igpus
Hatsokoo May 30 @ 5:03pm 
My drivers are fully up to date but I'm getting a vulkan error. I'm using Intel Iris XE graphics which do support vulkan
h3r2tic  [developer] May 30 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Hatsokoo:
My drivers are fully up to date but I'm getting a vulkan error. I'm using Intel Iris XE graphics which do support vulkan

Yeah Intel Iris Xe should work (a few folks have playtested on it). Do you also have a dedicated NVIDIA or AMD GPU, or just the Iris Xe? Are you on Windows 10 or 11? Sorry for the issue 💚
Hatsokoo May 30 @ 6:05pm 
Originally posted by h3r2tic:

Yeah Intel Iris Xe should work (a few folks have playtested on it). Do you also have a dedicated NVIDIA or AMD GPU, or just the Iris Xe? Are you on Windows 10 or 11? Sorry for the issue 💚

Just the Intel and I'm on Windows 11!
h3r2tic  [developer] May 30 @ 6:12pm 
Just the Intel and I'm on Windows 11!

Thanks for the info!
Cog May 30 @ 8:04pm 
Hi im getting a error, my drivers are up to date, code 126
rafal May 30 @ 10:15pm 
The game works now, after the tutorial on reddit.
h3r2tic  [developer] May 30 @ 10:26pm 
That's great to hear, thank you for reporting back! 💚 I've also been doing some digging, and it turns out that "Vulkan layers" are a whole mess that we didn't quite anticipate :S

Edit: we've now merged the "static-vulkan" branch into the demo, and it's now part of Patch 1.1.

For anyone else still struggling with Vulkan-related errors or crashes, I've just pushed an experimental build that might help; it could fix some of the "no Vulkan driver" issues. It also forcefully disables ReShade while running Tiny Glade, as I've verified that ReShade reliably crashes Vulkan applications in general by shipping broken DLLs and corrupting the Windows registry.

If you'd like to give it a try, it's under the "static-vulkan" beta. In your Steam Library, right click on Tiny Glade Demo, select Properties, then under the Betas tab, to the right of "Beta Participation" select "static-vulkan". I hope this makes the game run at least for some folks here.

I'll also see if there's anything we can do about automating what's described in that reddit tutorial.
Last edited by h3r2tic; Jun 1 @ 8:51am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 111 comments
Per page: 1530 50