Tiny Glade

Tiny Glade

This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
anopara  [developer] Dec 1, 2022 @ 12:47am
FAQ [Updated for Demo]
Demo

How long will the demo last?
The demo will be up until June 30th!

Will the demo saves stay compatible with the full version?
Yes! Minor details -might- change given the procedural nature of our game

How do I report a bug?
The best way to report a bug is to use our in-game feedback tool (press F6, or click the icon with the exclamation mark in a speech bubble). This way we get additional info that can help us solve the issue!

Can I play on my Steam Deck?
Tiny Glade Demo doesn’t have controller support. While you technically can launch the game, it will be a very clunky experience and we recommend waiting for official support.

Does it run on Linux?
Yes! If you’re a Linux user, we recommend disabling Proton, as we ship native builds. Wayland on Linux is not supported yet.

Misc

When will it be released?
Q3 2024

What were your inspirations?
Townscaper is our main inspiration! We were also influenced by the chill vibes of Dorfromantik and Unpacking.

Can I remap the controls?
Yes

Does it support 4K / Ultrawide monitors?
Yes

What engine did you build it in?
We’re using our own home-made engine written in the Rust language. At some point, we were wondering - are we crazy? Well, yes! But the game uses so much custom technology that we concluded it was actually a pretty sane choice :) We also benefit from a lot of open source software, including Bevy's Entity Component System (ECS).

Is there multiplayer or co-op?
No, Tiny Glade is a single player game.

Apple Silicon support 🍏?
Right now, Tiny Glade is planned for Windows and Linux. We've done some early tests of the game running on a MacBook Pro M1, but it needs a lot more work, and since neither Tom or I are proficient with the Apple development, we've decided to revisit it after the 1.0 launch on PC.

Will there be modding support?
We might look into it, but only post-launch.

Will the game be supported on Steam Deck?
Most likely as a post-launch update.

Does it support controller?
No, you need a mouse and a keyboard to play Tiny Glade. Once we look into Steam Deck support, we will also add controller support.

Who composed the music?
Oda Tilset, our cozy vibes tune weaver~ She's posting WIPs here: https://noknokaudio.bandcamp.com/album/tiny-glade-wip-album Give it a listen, and let us know what you think!

Will there be achievements?
We are planning to add them!

Will there be support for Steam Cloud for game saves?
Yes!

Will this have export functionality?
So far we do not have plans for that

Can I help / support you?
The best way to support us is to wishlist the game and follow our updates <3

I'd like to help with playtesting
Right now, our playtests are closed. We'd love to hear your thoughts once the demo is out though!

- Ana & Tom
Last edited by anopara; Jun 24 @ 6:22am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
milinagi Dec 8, 2022 @ 7:01am 
More languages? Game looks cool
verdantalexandre Dec 8, 2022 @ 1:49pm 
I already love how the game looks, I've been following your updates on my mail for months now, so excited for release!
aMiniCowPie Dec 8, 2022 @ 2:03pm 
Whats the possibility of it being supported on the Steam Deck? Have you done any testing on the handheld device to see how well it runs?
mooserid3r Dec 8, 2022 @ 2:54pm 
Question - Will there be a sandbox mode?
Beffen Dec 8, 2022 @ 2:57pm 
Sooo hyped lets go. How large will the maps be?
MadScientisto Dec 8, 2022 @ 3:16pm 
Yay! Thank you for linux support
Justinさん Dec 8, 2022 @ 3:44pm 
Will this game have a German or Japanese translation?, Or will it be possible to add language packs from the community?
Shade_is_King Dec 8, 2022 @ 4:49pm 
I noticed it would be supported on Linux, does this mean it will be supported for on the steam deck?
Mackeriah Dec 8, 2022 @ 5:06pm 
Looks sooooo good!
Cadu12 Dec 8, 2022 @ 6:02pm 
Are you using OpenGL or Vulkan?
pan_Chleba Dec 8, 2022 @ 9:48pm 
Originally posted by mooserid3r:
Question - Will there be a sandbox mode?
The whole game is sandbox
anopara  [developer] Dec 9, 2022 @ 1:50am 
Thank you all for the lovely comments 🧡 🧡🧡

Originally posted by milinagi:
More languages? Game looks cool
Originally posted by Justinさん:
Will this game have a German or Japanese translation?, Or will it be possible to add language packs from the community?

The game is unlikely to have a lot of text apart from menus, so it should be easy for us to cover a wide variety of languages I think!

Originally posted by aMiniCowPie:
Whats the possibility of it being supported on the Steam Deck? Have you done any testing on the handheld device to see how well it runs?
Originally posted by Shade_is_King:
I noticed it would be supported on Linux, does this mean it will be supported for on the steam deck?

We have it running on Steam Deck! It was initially just a test, but it looks quite promising, so very likely yes~

I'll include it into FAQ 🙏

Originally posted by Beffen:
Sooo hyped lets go. How large will the maps be?

We haven't decided yet - we'll figure it out while developing and playtesting 👩‍💻👨‍💻 The current map size seen in the trailer is not final

Originally posted by Cadu12:
Are you using OpenGL or Vulkan?

We are currently using OpenGL (mostly because that's how my toy renderer started 😅), but we are eyeballing porting to Vulkan 👁
XDrako Dec 9, 2022 @ 6:11am 
Will this have export functionality? I would love to 3d print these.
Nylain Dec 9, 2022 @ 12:35pm 
Can I sign up for beta testing?
FKrzon Dec 9, 2022 @ 12:46pm 
Hi, as everyone here I am also hyped for this game. Will there be an option to import assets? Even tho I know it is a tricky thing to do, I would be delighted if it is possible. :D
< >
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
Per page: 1530 50