Islands of Insight

Islands of Insight

Search the environment
What the hell is this puzzle and what am i supposed to do? I was not introduced in any way to what the intention is, i just happened to find some logic grid or whatever and the rule only tells me ''search the environment''

What!?
Originally posted by Goblin:
Originally posted by Gebba:
Originally posted by quaixor:
The easier ones of the type literally have the game board right under your nose. All you have to do is copy it. The harder ones disguise the game board in some way.

So i ended up spamming Foresight until i completed it more or less. Looking at it right now, finished, i still don't get it. I'm just curious if anyone could take a look at this and figure out what the logic is supposed to be here

It seems like it's supposed to be obvious, but i just don't see it

https://i.imgur.com/em4MXGz.jpeg
When you stand at that puzzle, close it and look at the walls around you.
Solution was right there and you brute forced it instead.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Pexxes Feb 17 @ 8:54pm 
Try to look around if you see anything that looks like the grid of the puzzle box. If you find it there should be clues that look like the black and white tiles (shadows or bricks for example)
Valimure Feb 17 @ 9:09pm 
If it's the one the pyramid it's an end-game thing so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
󠀡󠀡 Feb 17 @ 9:14pm 
The easier ones of the type literally have the game board right under your nose. All you have to do is copy it. The harder ones disguise the game board in some way.
Gebba Feb 17 @ 9:27pm 

So i ended up spamming Foresight until i completed it more or less. Looking at it right now, finished, i still don't get it. I'm just curious if anyone could take a look at this and figure out what the logic is supposed to be here

Last edited by Gebba; Feb 17 @ 9:31pm
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Goblin Feb 17 @ 9:34pm 

Gebba Feb 17 @ 9:39pm 

Oh, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH... As in literally the environment, okay damn interesting. Thanks!
󠀡󠀡 Feb 17 @ 9:48pm 

Oh, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH... As in literally the environment, okay damn interesting. Thanks!
If you like these puzzles there is a famous puzzle game called The Witness. It's full of them. A lot of people who are playing Islands of Insight have played it, so they know what to do with these puzzles.
Gebba Feb 17 @ 9:52pm 

If you like these puzzles there is a famous puzzle game called The Witness. It's full of them. A lot of people who are playing Islands of Insight have played it, so they know what to do with these puzzles.

Much appreciated! Will be looking in to that
tmaddox Feb 17 @ 10:30pm 

Much appreciated! Will be looking in to that

Just as an FYI. The Witness is a really good game but I do feel like that game does even less explaining of the puzzle rules than this game does.
Yeah the "search the environment"' could have been better worded. I thought had to search around the whole area for another clue. Maybe a better wording would be "observe the environment around you for the pattern"
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50