Islands of Insight

Islands of Insight

who thought this would be a good spot for a puzzle???????
is this even how its supposed to be? finding it was probably the hardest puzzle in the game.

https://prnt.sc/2xdtOrQd1UGi
https://prnt.sc/KUTLkxJ5oPSb
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Kabutak Jul 3 @ 2:59pm 
Definitely seems like an oversight/bug related to scalability. When I go there the puzzle is clearly above the sand. Chances are at lower quality settings the sand dune mesh simplifies in a way that "eats" the puzzle as in your image.

They would probably need to move the puzzle slightly to make sure it appears the same at low quality as it should at higher settings. I wonder if there are other places where this happens in the world, since some of them are fairly hidden at max settings.
Originally posted by Kabutak:
Definitely seems like an oversight/bug related to scalability. When I go there the puzzle is clearly above the sand. Chances are at lower quality settings the sand dune mesh simplifies in a way that "eats" the puzzle as in your image.

They would probably need to move the puzzle slightly to make sure it appears the same at low quality as it should at higher settings. I wonder if there are other places where this happens in the world, since some of them are fairly hidden at max settings.

well i tried switching everything to max and it was still the same. i didnt restart the game after switching the quality tho.

also, noob question. is there a way to see which puzzles are left in the enclave?
Last edited by MakkaPakka; Jul 3 @ 3:24pm
Kabutak Jul 3 @ 5:49pm 
Originally posted by MakkaPakka:
is there a way to see which puzzles are left in the enclave?

Not that I'm aware of. I've just been wandering around to collect whatever I'm missing. General rule I've found is that there won't be puzzles that are of a type different from the ones that were needed to get the rewards. (I think this is the case as far as I can tell at least.)

Hidden cubes can be a pain but if you turn off the music and turn up the volume while you wander you can hear their chiming better.
You are not the first this has happened to. The puzzle appears normal for most people.
The culprit is the FOV setting, put it back down to 100 and you will see the puzzle. thankfully this seems to be an isolated case
Originally posted by N-dorfyn:
The culprit is the FOV setting, put it back down to 100 and you will see the puzzle.

yeah i just realized that. put fov to 110 and its fine. still, why make it possible to put fov at 129 if its not tested.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50