Islands of Insight

Islands of Insight

Doesn't progress past the opening screen
I get to an opening screen with a woman sitting atop the island, and then nothing happens. Any idea why I can't play the game?
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
I downloaded the demo and got the same hanging screen.
aress Jul 4 @ 1:41pm 
same here since last night, it was working fine for a week.
I thought servers were down, but then I guess more ppl would report issue.
It starts loading in the bottom right corner and just stops and get stuck. sometimes music also stops, and sometimes the game closes by itself, but usually I have to end task (says not responding).
Tried three times, same. Verified files, same. Gave up, uninstalled.
Ellie Jul 5 @ 2:59am 
I have the same issue with the demo.
Rushin Jul 5 @ 5:38am 
If you launch the game, have it load for a short while, see a short glimpse of the main menu, but then the fullscreen logo with the girl shows up and absolutely nothing else happens - this is quite likely an internet connectivity issue. The game fails to reach the studio's servers.

Try a VPN or a different wifi network if you can, check your firewall/antivirus settings, perhaps something on your end is blocking the web connection or it is unreachable from your locations for other reasons.

To reiterate - this is specifically for when you see the main menu for like half a second and then get stuck with the permanent logo screen. Not related to any crashes or other errors. But I mess with my firewall sometimes and this is exactly the behavior I get when I accidentally block the game off.
Last edited by Rushin; Jul 5 @ 9:01am
Tzafad Jul 5 @ 5:53am 
Just downloaded the demo and am having the same problem.
Texus Jul 5 @ 8:42am 
It crashed 5 times for me, the last two times I could just play afterwards, this time it crashed 3 times when I tried to start the game in the menue
also 5 times for me.
aress Jul 5 @ 12:46pm 
For me it is working again after 3 days of being unable to play.
Although game had some small update today, I guess that fixed it for me since I haven't changed a thing in settings.
Rushin Jul 5 @ 1:46pm 
Originally posted by aress:
Although game had some small update today
No such thing.[steamdb.info] There have been no updates.
Same, i got the full game, click "play game" then it eventually loads a splash screen like it's about to load up to play but just gets stuck on the splash screen forever, unless it's expected to take say longer than 5 mins to load..
I got in and started playing the demo. Got booted after a couple hours and now cannot get back in again. Are they updating demo servers or something? Surely not.
Originally posted by Rushin:
Originally posted by aress:
Although game had some small update today
No such thing.[steamdb.info] There have been no updates.
Well my steam downloads page showed that the game automatically updated (among other games). I am not sure when, what or why, but after that I was able to enter the game. I guess it was only on my end, although I didn't do anything.

But it was only for yesterday, I normally entered the game several times. Today I again have the same issue...
Last edited by aress; 12 hours ago
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50