Islands of Insight

Islands of Insight

Cryptomining
Acronis alerted me that there is possible cryptomining software embedded in this gaming software.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
The A.W.G. Jun 26 @ 12:29pm 
Am I supposed to know who Acronis is?
Callipos Jun 26 @ 2:40pm 
possible. explains why they made it free and my machine's fans are going crazy despite game not looking that great.

Acronis is an anti-virus software company as I recall.
Last edited by Callipos; Jun 26 @ 2:55pm
Valimure Jun 26 @ 5:23pm 
You use Tiktok? Facebook? Instagram?

Honestly, the internet?

Congratulations, your data is being mined and sold.
Originally posted by Valimure:

Honestly, the internet?

No
No
No
Yes
Fear mongering, but for the life of me I can't figure out why

Honestly, the internet?

That's different to cryptomining.

Cryptomining performs calculations on your PC & reduces performance.
There's a chance the game was falsely flagged as a crypto mining virus, it's happened before with numerous other files across the internet.
N-dorfyn Jun 26 @ 11:09pm 
Originally posted by sshuhayd:
Acronis alerted me that there is possible cryptomining software embedded in this gaming software.

Highly unlikely. Acronis has probably detected the anticheat software (which the game no longer uses)
@R+5 Jun 27 @ 1:10am 

Honestly, the internet?

instagram is part of facebook, so those shouldnt be considered "separate entities".

and websites cannot collect as much data from you, if you use extensions to block ads (ie ublock), and avoid login in to browse their sites. then you can also limit other things to decrease how much you "unintentionally share".

trying to avoid bad habits is your choice, trying to exploit them is theirs.

becoming completely indifferent and allow passively to let them impose worse things, is also yours.

the game may not be a crypto-miner, but is factual it sells more user private data than most games, which means that may be their main business, making the game only "bait" for profiling.

thats bad enough, if you can understand the basic of this topic. if not, then maybe research at least these names (and avoid news websites, since most of them are extremely biased and dishonest about privacy, internet, and manipulation of information): "aaron swartz (internets own boy)", "julian assange", "glenn greenwald"
Last edited by @R+5; Jun 27 @ 1:11am
the GPU running at 100% is an issue i got on other games like Everspace 2

whatever the graphical setting the gpu is almost always at 100%

But it doesn't make my pc lag so idunno
Rushin Jun 27 @ 3:48am 
Originally posted by Callipos:
possible. explains why they made it free
Let's not jump to conspiracies based on a possible false positive due to a technical issue, which the game has lots of already.
Good price for this game. Dont care if true
Axy Jun 27 @ 4:08am 
game is just unpotimzed it's not cryptomining :sacrificed:
rvcjew Jun 27 @ 4:24am 
First off acronis or any av should say what part (file) of the game it thinks is such a thing. Then you could upload that thing to something like virus total and see if it is a false positive. Never take just one as clear answer. But as people have said It seems to in the policy sell a lot of your location data anyways.
Originally posted by N-dorfyn:
Highly unlikely. Acronis has probably detected the anticheat software (which the game no longer uses)

which anti-cheat did they use?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50