Islands of Insight

Islands of Insight

Why free so soon?
What about your buyers? Putting it for free to keep after a release so soon. Seems disrespectful to your playerbase.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
Bab Jun 26 @ 10:56am 
Microtransactions incoming? :gng:
Should have been patient.
Underdrill Jun 26 @ 11:04am 
I'm quite curious as well. With the offline mode incoming, what financial incentive do the developers have to make this free?
Last edited by Underdrill; Jun 26 @ 11:05am
Golden Boy Jun 26 @ 11:06am 
im also wondering.
what was the purpose?
Frugl Jun 26 @ 11:12am 
I think its supposed to be "free to try" for 24 hours, but the Steam package is configured wrong, so its a a free to keep subscription, that is available to claim for 24 hours instead.

They'll need to contact Valve to fix up this one. Question is if they'll remove the app from the already granted package.
https://steamdb.info/sub/1085955/info/
Perhaps they wanted to add an influx of players to the community so that it is easier to find others to play with.
r_b134 Jun 26 @ 11:20am 
it says it's free to keep after the promo and I'm not sure they could just remove it, so it's probably for new player influx
r_b134 Jun 26 @ 11:23am 
"Free to keep when you get it during this limited-time promotion. Some limitations apply." is what the store says and the limitations are just about "while supplies last" and the fact that you can't get trading cards
So is this game fun?
Lexomatico Jun 26 @ 11:27am 
The headline says "Play the game for FREE for 24 hours" so that's definitely an error and i would get it pretty quick before it's fixed
DariusOne Jun 26 @ 11:32am 
Honestly I can't imagine they would start handing it out for free intentionally; even for a limited time. A 24h "demo"(even though they have a demo already anyway) makes more sense or it's straight up a mistake. Like surely they would just heavily discount it in the upcoming summer sale if that´s what they wanted?

EDIT:

Originally posted by Julia_BHVR:
Hello All! To clarify the promotion, the game is indeed free to KEEP. Anyone who claims it during this 24hr period will be able to keep it forever.

I was wrong it's 100% intentional. Really trying to capture an audience.
Last edited by DariusOne; Jun 26 @ 12:08pm
Mr. Manual Jun 26 @ 11:33am 
Originally posted by r_b134:
"Free to keep when you get it during this limited-time promotion. Some limitations apply." is what the store says and the limitations are just about "while supplies last" and the fact that you can't get trading cards
plus the fact that there is a button for a demo right above the aforementioned prompt, which has another button to claim the game.
I hope it isn't a typo, but I'd understand if it was. Hopefully it isn't free to keep for 24 hours (of play time).
Robonos Jun 26 @ 11:34am 
Originally posted by r_b134:

There's no trading cards for this game, no achievements, no badges so there's that.
Originally posted by DariusOne:
Honestly I can't imagine they would start handing it out for free intentionally; even for a limited time. A 24h "demo"(even though they have a demo already anyway) makes more sense or it's straight up a mistake. Like surely they would just heavily discount it in the upcoming summer sale if that´s what they wanted?
Maybe they want increased player count going into the summer sale?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
Per page: 1530 50