Islands of Insight

Islands of Insight

Cloud of Pearls and Sky Drop Challenge
These sky drops are not my favorite. So, I am not doing so well getting the 15 done in 15 minutes. My question... is not finishing the Cloud of Pearls objectives going to stop me from moving forward? Does it unlock the next area so I'm up the proverbial creek unless I get this correct?
I walked away for tonight and went back to tie up missed goals in other areas for now..
Thanks in advance...
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
N-dorfyn Apr 6 @ 10:47pm 
I can't remember exactly but if you need it for the first Miralbilis then yes you will need to complete the challenge to get to area 5. If you only need it for the second you can skip it for now and come back.

like anything this gets easier with practice.

Some tips: Always look for the smallest drops because they indicate where to stand.
Be systematic about the route you take to collect all the skydrops. do a full loop of both the upper and lower levels of the outside wall. stand on each of the 4 platforms where the flow orbs are and the one in the middle.
You should be able to move onto a different enclave just fine. To my knowledge the only thing skipping that one puzzle will really affect is whether its icon on the map has a checkmark to say that you've completed the main quest in that enclave.
Originally posted by N-dorfyn:
Some tips: Always look for the smallest drops because they indicate where to stand.
Be systematic about the route you take to collect all the skydrops. do a full loop of both the upper and lower levels of the outside wall. stand on each of the 4 platforms where the flow orbs are and the one in the middle.

I recently got the hidden Grandmaster time of 180 seconds (that's about 7 seconds per Skydrop) using strategies like this. More specifically, there's a key Insight for Skydrops that's not in the game (but a similar one for Light Motifs that still kinda applies): seek out smaller Skydrops. Also be aware of conical patterns — which I know isn't the easiest thing to see when there's a whole dense field of them. To help, my main strategies for Cloud of Pearls in particular: first, seek out small, clustered Skydrops, as these have a clearer-than-usual indication of where to stand; second, seek out more isolated locations first, as Skydrops tend to point outward/upward. For Cloud of Pearls, this means the inner border and covered areas of the central temple. Then move on to the upper areas. And with any luck, by then things should've de-cluttered enough to make the remaining Skydrops easy (likely 5-10 of them by that point).
Thanks so much for the tips! Will try again this evening. I've got the bonus items done but this is my last on the 'main objective' list for this area.
And just always make sure you're in first person view before you do skydrops or you're gonna have a bad time.
Originally posted by MannyKlystron:
And just always make sure you're in first person view before you do skydrops or you're gonna have a bad time.

Indeed, and if not, the game will remind you (happened to me once — I wasn't even entirely aware I was playing in third person!).
CindyK_JA Apr 10 @ 9:43pm 
Turns out this is a requirement to open up the next area. Sigh... Still struggling, making incremental progress. In the meantime, clearing the various enclaves I have access to...

Took time to practice finding sky drops and returned 'once again' to the Cloud of Pearls. My time\ing wasn't great but I got the 15! Woohoo... Off to more adventures!
Last edited by CindyK_JA; Apr 13 @ 10:26pm
where are the skydrops even at in the cloud of pearls? i havent seen any at all...
N-dorfyn Jul 5 @ 12:25am 
Originally posted by apterous:
where are the skydrops even at in the cloud of pearls? i havent seen any at all...

stand on the plate (looks like a labyrinth goal) at the front of the enclave to start the challenge then run/warp into the building
Originally posted by N-dorfyn:
Originally posted by apterous:

stand on the plate (looks like a labyrinth goal) at the front of the enclave to start the challenge then run/warp into the building
ok wow, they should make that thing more obvious somehow :D
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50