MARVEL SNAP

MARVEL SNAP

THE GOTG
A fun discussion on the Guardians. Keep it on topic please.

They will need a major change, for most of their cards are dead in the META.
On a side note, if they do plan in the future to do some affiliation mode. They will need to get these team brands more in line with a specific strategy. Now they can do this with Team cards, or setting a criteria around their mechanics. but a lot of these teams don't mesh well in abilities together.

THE GOTG currently rank

272. DRAX
278. MANTIS
265. GAMORA which is surprising
260. GROOT
254. STARLORD
201 ROCKET RACOON

222. MARTYR
208. ADAM WARLOCK

Outside or NEBULA, not great and don't be fooled on Warlock and Martyr if you count them as Guardians their win/rates are not great either.

They were designed by the FORCE archetype to work in conjunction with cards that force your play into the lane.

We could see them change to different arch-type designations like ON Going, Activate, or stronger more defined On Reveal tweaks. For right now. they are D.O.A. .Your thoughts

:dwarven: :dwarven:
Last edited by kingts; Jul 5 @ 3:36pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
yes, without forcing the enemy to play his cards on a specific location (or good guessing), they are weak. have you tried them with jeanne grey?
kingts Jul 5 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by BobbyGun:
yes, without forcing the enemy to play his cards on a specific location (or good guessing), they are weak. have you tried them with jeanne grey?

I am pretty high ranked. Yes, Jean Grey, Nebula, and others that force the opponent into the lane is always viable with their structure, but the Meta has simply made them irrelevant, even to their own ability designation. Even On Reveal, you are not risking their usage.

They all need a change in course to their mechanics. My youngest said a comment that she can't play her baby versions. I did add Rocket as well. Why I put the question to all of you.

I am not sure what they do to them, but if it were me. I would change their mechanics.
I would even forward this post to them if the community had ideas.

You be well. :dwarven:
Last edited by kingts; Jul 5 @ 3:37pm
I don't think Guardians need a buff or a change, but the archetype needs better support. Their power output is already off the charts. And I honestly don't think the archetype itself is fun, plays more like a solitaire deck. I understand these are "iconic" characters(no one even knew who they were before the movies except comicbook nerds) but not every card needs to be super viable.
Professor is once again not a meta card, and there go the Guardians. Then, we have Hela, a deck that sometimes just does not play cards on a few turns. And their power is indeed a bit on the low side after the power creep in the last few seasons.

They need buffs, and they need a card that would help predict where opponent will play, Jane is not enough. They had their day in the sun, but a lot would need to change for them to be relevant again.
kingts Jul 7 @ 10:22am 
Originally posted by Zlehtnoba:
Professor is once again not a meta card, and there go the Guardians. Then, we have Hela, a deck that sometimes just does not play cards on a few turns. And their power is indeed a bit on the low side after the power creep in the last few seasons.

They need buffs, and they need a card that would help predict where opponent will play, Jane is not enough. They had their day in the sun, but a lot would need to change for them to be relevant again.

I think Mantis, Drax and Rocket should be Activate cards. Allow both options, buff if you played that lane, and activate to guess again.
This is interesting, yes, Activate on Guardians would be quite interesting. Increase base stats, and replace reveal with activate.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50