MARVEL SNAP

MARVEL SNAP

ACTIVATE
A very interesting new archetype that many feel was just an On reveal mechanic it is not.
You get to activate the card, but is it limited to one turn and players have control here, not RNG. Clearly you want to play these sooner than on curve, but not necessary. I would assume its a one time activation. I am looking forward to trying this.

Regardless there are cards in the game that could be redefined to Activate, altered from their current definition

Leader
Leech
Zabu
Nico Minoru
A new Adam Warlock
Phastos-should be a two cost
Galactus
Kang
Thanos's Gems
Elektra
Mantis
Rhino
Black Swan
Viper
Yellow Jacket - if activate multiple times in a game.

and some could have both, for example and on reveal and activate mechanic, though it would likely be limited or for a future card.

This will be interesting to see. :dwarven:
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
I hope Cosmo stops Activate, that would lead to some interesting mind games. But probably not, as his wording is quite specific.

Zabu with Activate would be awesome, same for Adam. Galctus would be awful. I mean who would be leaving that line to opponent, with Galactus down and not activated?

We'll see, we need more info about how the ability works.
kingts Jul 2 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by Zlehtnoba:
I hope Cosmo stops Activate, that would lead to some interesting mind games. But probably not, as his wording is quite specific.

Zabu with Activate would be awesome, same for Adam. Galctus would be awful. I mean who would be leaving that line to opponent, with Galactus down and not activated?

We'll see, we need more info about how the ability works.

Clearly if Sersi makes cards that have activation, are they dead, not if there are more turns. I merely mentioned what cards could be changed, and Galactus' ability obviously would be clarified to allow such a change, meaning it would change his ability.
I did not say they would. It merely offers them a new tool to use. This also has no counter since its own archetype.
Oh, it will get a counter sooner or later.

I understand what you're saying. Changing reveal to activate is quite a buff, except for corner cases like Galactus where you can respond and make the ability do nothing when activated. I think they will start slow and then add more activate after a season or two, when they get a better feel for how strong it is.
I'll miss it. How is this supposed to work?
kingts Jul 3 @ 12:48pm 
Originally posted by unlimitedskyuran:
I'll miss it. How is this supposed to work?
You place the activate card down and you choose when to activate it, it is not an instant play. I have to see it more if it continues after multiple turns where say you place on down on turn 3 and activate it turn 6 and I don't see a counter to it yet. Not in the data mines.
This will act like permanent ability cards that have no counter at first and you choose when it activates. Outside of destroying the card or doing something to it on board. Say Gambit, The ability itself I don't see it a stoppage to it. Meaning if I play it, you cannot de-activate it. I chose when, whether the next turn or whatever.

They will probably alter bad win/rate cards or cards that are just dead in the Meta to this ability.

Cards like
Ghost
Spiderman 2099
Attuma
They could alter Quicksilver or Angel
Mordo
Uatu
M'bako
even Makkari.
Black Swan
cards that simply are not utilized near the bottom of the rankings and in usage

Kang for sure could get this tag. I mean different ability if I choose when it activates instead of an On reveal effect.

Thanos' Gems, some could be changed to this tag.

As far as Galactus, idk, they have gone back and forth with his mechanics. They could instead of an instant conditional play, have him have an Activation mechanic instead that the player has choice to, where can destroy the location he is in, or something. He could not change at all, just spit balling here.

Activate has a ton of possibilities

They will go slow with this for sure, but I can also see it being abused if they are not careful. :dwarven:
Last edited by kingts; Jul 3 @ 12:50pm
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50