Final Stardust: Cosmic Nexus

Final Stardust: Cosmic Nexus

View Stats:
Barely started and already stuck.
Probably more a question for Discord, but since the invitation link doesn't work anymore, maybe I can get some feedback here.

Started with Venus and I'm not even able to finish the first opponent. Plays 3 monsters every single turn.
Not enough power to damage directly, no other win condition possible and since it's a MARS deck, he always has more power after the last turn.

Am I missing something?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
volandum Jun 30 @ 8:01am 
I think if you go one of first or second (don't quite remember which) then you can kill all his monsters on the last turn and win by supernova. I was in the same position.

This gives you the rare Just Flexing achievement.
Last edited by volandum; Jun 30 @ 8:36am
Thank you. I just kept failing, chipping little bit with shockwave and got lucky with a fenroar during the last few turns. Finished with 2 turns left. I feel like I have enough of the game for now. That balancing felt terrible - it's just the first battle. :sadduck:
Last edited by WeirdYarn; Jun 30 @ 8:38am
Voletric Jun 30 @ 10:15am 
In those kinds of fights where they have 20 copies of the same card, evolving your Planos removes their Timeout status, which effectively circumvents summoning sickness. If you can attack all of their Planos first, You should always win.

Though, status effects like Shocked and the one Fenroar gives allows you to get in damage through their planos
Last edited by Voletric; Jun 30 @ 10:15am
volandum Jun 30 @ 10:41am 
The ability to block everything did mean that i only really got going after getting access to being able to give my planos multiple attacks.
WeirdYarn Jun 30 @ 12:47pm 
Originally posted by Voletric:
In those kinds of fights where they have 20 copies of the same card, evolving your Planos removes their Timeout status, which effectively circumvents summoning sickness. If you can attack all of their Planos first, You should always win.

Though, status effects like Shocked and the one Fenroar gives allows you to get in damage through their planos

It wasn't really a problem to get rid of them. a never lost a single Planos.

It's just. I defeat all enemy Planos, end turn, they play 3 more and end turn. I defeat all again, end turn. Rinse and repeat till it's ever and they win due to mars having a bigger attack stat.

Venus starter really feels like it wasn't supposed to beat Mephisto starter
Remember that you can play a Plano into a lane that already has a plano to activate its effect. Once you're in that cycle where you're clearing the opposing field each turn, look for opportunties to use Nendochi and Okinendo to reduce the opponent's EP, and Enyoko and Hogotori to inflict Shockwave, which will cause the opponent to take MG damage equal to the difference between your attacking plano's EP and the defending plano's EP when attacked. You can also use the Fenroar to inflict Phaseout on an opponent, causing your attack in that lane to be a direct attack instead of clearing the opponent.
Last edited by TwilightDusk; Jun 30 @ 1:43pm
That said if you really do feel like you're hitting a wall and would prefer to try a different starter, you can just hit new game, make your character again, and try with a different starter deck right?
If you want to stick with the Venus starter and want a more specific strategy that may take a few tries to pull off the RNG, here's something to aim for:

Turn 1: Nendochi, hold 1 RSC. If you're going second, play him in a lane with a Chipairo and block the other lane he played one in.
Turn 2: Evolve into Okinendo, this should kill the Chipairo in front of him.

As soon as you get to Fenroar, play him on the Okinendo lane so his 1500 attack can go direct to Mephisto, if this connects 4 times you win. Since Fenroar applies 3 stacks of Phaseout, you'll need to play him twice. Use Harimoru and Hariterra to give Okinendo shields so the Chipairo in front of it won't kill him regardless of how high his attack is.

If you have spare SC, you can try to establish other evolved planos and try to use Shockwave to get some extra chip damage in, if you can manage 1500 points of damage via Shockwave, then you only need to get three attacks through with Okinendo.

Screenshot of end board state where I pulled this off: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3279164380
Last edited by TwilightDusk; Jun 30 @ 3:15pm
volandum Jun 30 @ 3:20pm 
I think the shop also has an option for 2000 money once, which you can use to get another starter deck. Fire has direct damage effects you can use to clear out Chipairo and get attacks through.
NourSaiFR  [developer] Jul 1 @ 5:06am 
Originally posted by WeirdYarn:
Probably more a question for Discord, but since the invitation link doesn't work anymore, maybe I can get some feedback here.

Started with Venus and I'm not even able to finish the first opponent. Plays 3 monsters every single turn.
Not enough power to damage directly, no other win condition possible and since it's a MARS deck, he always has more power after the last turn.

Am I missing something?

What do you mean the Discord link doesn't work? Have you tried the one on the store page?
This one: https://discord.gg/J9rFvB2T62

Like Volandum said, there is a welcome gift in the shop (2000 gold) that allows you to buy another starter pack if needed.

However, I agree with you that Venus is tricky to work with at the beginning. I think I will just nerf Mephisto level 1 because I admit that the battle is really in certain circumstances. There is a new patch coming today or tomorrow so take a look again, thanks!
Originally posted by Voletric:

It's just. I defeat all enemy Planos, end turn, they play 3 more and end turn. I defeat all again, end turn. Rinse and repeat till it's ever and they win due to mars having a bigger attack stat.

You need to sacrifice your planos for their effects. Kinda like evolving, but you're dropping the plano on one already on the field. Attack power might go up, but the Mars units health remains the same, 300. Its very easy to use an effect to kill them outright and then you're open to attack them.
Originally posted by Frost:

You need to sacrifice your planos for their effects. Kinda like evolving, but you're dropping the plano on one already on the field. Attack power might go up, but the Mars units health remains the same, 300. Its very easy to use an effect to kill them outright and then you're open to attack them.

None of the effects in the Venus starter can kill the rivals. The effects present are:

* Inflict Shockwave
* Gain shield
* Drain rival's EP and gain as HP (200 or 400, not nearly enough to kill the Chipairos)
* Cure self
* Inflict Phaseout (the 1-of Fenroar)
Originally posted by TwilightDusk:

None of the effects in the Venus starter can kill the rivals. The effects present are:

* Inflict Shockwave
* Gain shield
* Drain rival's EP and gain as HP (200 or 400, not nearly enough to kill the Chipairos)
* Cure self

Dropping phaseout is fine, and dropping 400 EP or two 200 EP drains will also do it early game. Both of these, especially phase out, should work just fine for damaging the easiest fight in the game.

* Inflict Shockwave
* Gain shield
* Cure self

Dropping phaseout is fine, and dropping 400 EP or two 200 EP drains will also do it early game. Both of these, especially phase out, should work just fine for damaging the easiest fight in the game.

as I posted above there is a strategy that can work to get past it, but it's far from an obvious strategy especially for a new player who picked Venus as their starter deck.

As OP stated, it's not hard to kill the Chipairos each turn, since they only have 300 health, but their EP numbers quickly skyrocket (they'll be 500 on his turn one going first but after that consistently out of range of being EP reduction killed by the EP reduction effects in the Venus deck, and after 16 turns pass, if Mephisto got the final turn, his Chipairos will have higher EP than the Venus planos and he'll win (although, on that thought, if the coin flip lands such that the player gets the final turn, that shouldn't actually be a problem since the Chipairos will be cleared before winner is determined)

If you want to give it a try for yourself to see how easy or difficult it is to outright win in that fight, here is the contents of the Venus starter decl:

3x Enyoko
3x Harimoru
2x Kisu
2x Nendochi
1x Fenroar
3x Hogotori
3x Hariterra
1x Kisurai
2x Okinendo
NourSaiFR  [developer] Jul 2 @ 2:40pm 

as I posted above there is a strategy that can work to get past it, but it's far from an obvious strategy especially for a new player who picked Venus as their starter deck.

As OP stated, it's not hard to kill the Chipairos each turn, since they only have 300 health, but their EP numbers quickly skyrocket (they'll be 500 on his turn one going first but after that consistently out of range of being EP reduction killed by the EP reduction effects in the Venus deck, and after 16 turns pass, if Mephisto got the final turn, his Chipairos will have higher EP than the Venus planos and he'll win (although, on that thought, if the coin flip lands such that the player gets the final turn, that shouldn't actually be a problem since the Chipairos will be cleared before winner is determined)

If you want to give it a try for yourself to see how easy or difficult it is to outright win in that fight, here is the contents of the Venus starter decl:

3x Enyoko
3x Harimoru
2x Kisu
2x Nendochi
1x Fenroar
3x Hogotori
3x Hariterra
1x Kisurai
2x Okinendo

I am not sure how I should fix this for Venus without changing Mephisto's deck too much. For now I will push a patch where the deck turns into full Hakkapairo. Even though Mephisto will have higher EP it shouldn't be an issue for Venus and the 3 SC cost should slow things down for many turns. That should be enough to win, if not I will update the deck again later.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50