Blight: Survival

Blight: Survival

Scar Dec 15, 2023 @ 7:49am
Does it have to be extraction based?
Am I waiting for a helo or something, this game would be amazing if it was an open world survival game visit towns, trade gear, buy supplies and what not.

Also chooseable characters like a female rogue, leather armour etc etc

*bonus option for me to enjoy it* would be for the zombie looking people to not run cause idk about you guys but a medieval zombie game world be pretty amazing
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Old man Stu Dec 17, 2023 @ 11:47pm 
I got to admit I was surprised by the extraction looter direction of the game.
So, you have to wait in a specific area for 30 secs until a rope drops out of the sky attached to a .... horse? Or you stand in the bowl of a trebuchet and get launched to safety?
Scar Dec 19, 2023 @ 8:51pm 
Either way it doesn't sound that great :/
Sharrayzen Dec 20, 2023 @ 2:42am 
I've always thought it weird how people ask for a developing game to be something else.
Scar Dec 20, 2023 @ 12:05pm 
Originally posted by Sharrayzen:
I've always thought it weird how people ask for a developing game to be something else.
I mean we're not asking for it to be something else entirely we love the premise, but an medieval extraction? idk we're generally just skeptical about it really since the gameplay does look fun but it probs would've been better open world.

I mean developers want to make money and we want to have fun we're not asking them to turn it into a medieval wagon racing game, our ideas are close enough to what they wanting.
Double Dec 22, 2023 @ 9:41am 
Agreed. Immediately lost interest when I saw "co-op extraction"
Haenir Studio Dec 23, 2023 @ 4:54am 
It doesn't have to, but given the size of our studio that is the best option. While we could give you an open-world, I am afraid it would be a empty world. Be believe in quality over quantity and think that a smaller sized map, but of a higher quality, leads to a more enjoyable experience.

Now, of course, if we are successful and we gain more resources; we may be more ambitious with the size of the world and expand on it.

/Mads
Scar Dec 23, 2023 @ 12:42pm 
Originally posted by Haenir Studio:
It doesn't have to, but given the size of our studio that is the best option. While we could give you an open-world, I am afraid it would be a empty world. Be believe in quality over quantity and think that a smaller sized map, but of a higher quality, leads to a more enjoyable experience.

Now, of course, if we are successful and we gain more resources; we may be more ambitious with the size of the world and expand on it.

/Mads
Thanks for the response I mean look at Hunt: Showdown the world is empty-ish but full of AI that we get to mashon and kill the bounty even something like that to start with would be fun although I do hate the pvp in that game ngl but hopefully you guys do well for the future.

Also is there different characters or just the playable knight?
I see.
<heavy sigh>
Well, spose I'll be headin out now. Reckon this ain't for me after all.
Thompsin Dec 29, 2023 @ 11:47pm 
The main issue, is without PVP it would have to be amazing PVE boss fights that are addicting to play and tons of them. Is there even another extraction game that is solely PVE? I hate PVP as much as the next guy, but no PVP in an extraction game makes zero sense. What is going to drive you to play again and again?
Mcdoll Feb 12 @ 2:19am 
You ever played deep rock galactic? Or Helldivers? Or Vermintide?
Cos there's your answer.
Go in with your bros. Kill stuff, do objectives, get out.
Honestly, I really hope this game is that, but with a cool and creepy world, and fun enemies to fight.
Having it so you lose your stuff if you die reminds me of diablo 1 multiplayer. Especially if they let you re-enter to try to reclaim it!
Last edited by Mcdoll; Feb 12 @ 2:21am
I was looking forward to this, now I guess I'll remove it :(
So it's not a "action-horror roguelite" game but a "horror-extraction-action" game?
This will determine my final decision on picking up the game. If extraction looting is the only way to play I'll pass. Everything else looks great so far.

That's what feedback is.
Stout Apr 3 @ 10:26pm 
Originally posted by suboptimal:

That's what feedback is.

..That's not feedback. You don't buy a burger and then wonder why you got a burger.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 1530 50