V Rising

V Rising

View Stats:
Any way to turn off PvP?
I don't like PvP. Never have, never will. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought this game yet, even when a co-worker recommended it to me, because he mentioned the PvP and it immediately put me off.

However, I am looking for a new Diablo clone to play, and this is on sale, so, gotta ask... Is there any way to turn off PvP?
Originally posted by Götterdämmerung:
There are plenty of online PVE servers you can join however if you want a solo experience you can always run your own private local game as well. 59.44% of all registered online servers are PvE in this game the remaining 40.56% are PvP servers.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
There are plenty of online PVE servers you can join however if you want a solo experience you can always run your own private local game as well. 59.44% of all registered online servers are PvE in this game the remaining 40.56% are PvP servers.
Xero Jul 1 @ 8:06pm 
By default, when creating a PVE game, the PVP options are still enabled. You can turn them off and on in server settings. Turning them off will prevent others that join your game and haven't joined your clan - they will not be able to hurt or kill you.
Last edited by Xero; Jul 1 @ 8:11pm
IBOT Jul 1 @ 8:23pm 
But it does not have an PvE endgame. I would not recommend to play this game if you do not enjoy PvP.
Xero Jul 1 @ 8:30pm 
Originally posted by IBOT:
But it does not have an PvE endgame. I would not recommend to play this game if you do not enjoy PvP.
Yes it does. It's just the game continues after defeating the final boss. All open world games are this way now. The game, like many others, is designed this way so you get the best end game gear. No one wants to play a game where you complete it, end with credits and are stuck with a save where your last save is always before the final boss. Do not listen to IBOT.

The game is designed mostly around PVE, as you spend time designing and decorating your castle, fighting bosses, leveling up your gear and your servants. Creating fields of ingredients to farm and more. The DLC's main focus is PVE cosmetics for decorating your castle and a few skins. You don't want to spend all that time on creating your own world for it to just end. The game continues so you can enjoy what you have accomplished, created and can invite others at any time.

The game is almost dead on Diablo minus the dungeon system, but it makes up for it with all the other amazing things you can do. Another update may be in the works as they are accepting feature requests.

Most PVE players play private games as official servers get wiped after a period of time.
Last edited by Xero; Jul 1 @ 9:08pm
IBOT Jul 1 @ 10:30pm 
Originally posted by Xero:
Yes it does. It's just the game continues after defeating the final boss. All open world games are this way now. The game, like many others, is designed this way so you get the best end game gear. No one wants to play a game where you complete it, end with credits and are stuck with a save where your last save is always before the final boss. Do not listen to IBOT.

The game is designed mostly around PVE, as you spend time designing and decorating your castle, fighting bosses, leveling up your gear and your servants. Creating fields of ingredients to farm and more. The DLC's main focus is PVE cosmetics for decorating your castle and a few skins. You don't want to spend all that time on creating your own world for it to just end. The game continues so you can enjoy what you have accomplished, created and can invite others at any time.

The game is almost dead on Diablo minus the dungeon system, but it makes up for it with all the other amazing things you can do. Another update may be in the works as they are accepting feature requests.

Most PVE players play private games as official servers get wiped after a period of time.

mostly designed around PvE you gotta be kidding.
the PvE campaign finishes with you having your full set. What you can do is mundane rifts with the same 4 types of enemies that you can simply do in 4 mins per rift to farm legendary weapons to go back and kill the bosses you already killed when you were way weaker to progress?
Great PvE content :D

Hack and Slash games have various endgame systems to challange your build and your skill. In Vrising you can be through the whole campaign within a day if you are good and then you can build around your castle or something as endgame.

Building around the castle can be fun for a while, but if you look something with endgame systems and make the hackand slash fun, look somewhere else.
Last edited by IBOT; Jul 1 @ 10:33pm
LFKM Jul 2 @ 6:39am 
Originally posted by Xero:

the PvE campaign finishes with you having your full set. What you can do is mundane rifts with the same 4 types of enemies that you can simply do in 4 mins per rift to farm legendary weapons to go back and kill the bosses you already killed when you were way weaker to progress?

Hack and Slash games have various endgame systems to challange your build and your skill. In Vrising you can be through the whole campaign within a day if you are good and then you can build around your castle or something as endgame.

Building around the castle can be fun for a while, but if you look something with endgame systems and make the hackand slash fun, look somewhere else.
Who ♥♥♥♥ in your cornflakes?

62.8 hours so far, playing with my missus as well on our private server.

No PVP whatsoever.

No complaints here, definitely got our moneys worth.
IBOT Jul 2 @ 6:47am 
Originally posted by LFKM:

No PVP whatsoever.

sorry for having a different opinion I guess ...

It does not have an endgame for PvE, which is my main point and why I cannot recommend it to someone who wants it in the direction of diablo. Thiis is how I see it and I stand by that opinion.
Last edited by IBOT; Jul 2 @ 6:49am
Enough with that PvP nonsense, most of the players never touched PvP and never will, this is PvE game, you beat the bosses - its over, there are no new game+ or endless-ish dungoen systems, its not a diablo clone because its a different genre.
The PvE part is amazing, you'll have your 50-100 hours and even more if you enjoy building bases/castles.
You create your own server and youll never care about pvp encounters, just like diablo 2/3/4
LFKM Jul 2 @ 9:25am 
Originally posted by LFKM:

No PVP whatsoever.

sorry for having a different opinion I guess ...

It does not have an endgame for PvE, which is my main point and why I cannot recommend it to someone who wants it in the direction of diablo. Thiis is how I see it and I stand by that opinion.
Womp womp

Just because you can't find any enjoyment in the PVE and have to sweat it out in every game doesn't mean no one else can.
Originally posted by HaikenEdge:
I don't like PvP. Never have, never will. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought this game yet, even when a co-worker recommended it to me, because he mentioned the PvP and it immediately put me off.

However, I am looking for a new Diablo clone to play, and this is on sale, so, gotta ask... Is there any way to turn off PvP?

On sale probably worth to do the journey then be done with it, could do normal mode and brutal could be fun, find some friends along the way, after that maybe trying out all the legendaries for awhile and then PvE is kind of done after that.
Diablo clone... Right. Probably not for you anyway.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50