Gestalt: Steam & Cinder

Gestalt: Steam & Cinder

Please make cutscenes skippable
Please make all cutscenes and dialogue skippable, especially the super long intro.

I wanted to try this demo real quick but it took forever just to get to the interactive part having to sit through a bunch of backstory I don't care about. No disrespect to your story - it's probably good! - I just do not care at all about lore when I haven't even had a chance to play the actual game yet. Save stuff like that for later (and not all at once) once players are invested in your world and want to know more about it.

As it is I got so tired of pressing A or ENTER on all the intro text with no way to skip to the end that by the time actual gameplay started I had gone from "maybe interested" to "I think I'm going to skip this".
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
yes. I wouldn't even consider playing it again without this.
76561199560039710  [developer] Jul 2 @ 2:03am 
Originally posted by ND:
Please make all cutscenes and dialogue skippable, especially the super long intro.

I wanted to try this demo real quick but it took forever just to get to the interactive part having to sit through a bunch of backstory I don't care about. No disrespect to your story - it's probably good! - I just do not care at all about lore when I haven't even had a chance to play the actual game yet. Save stuff like that for later (and not all at once) once players are invested in your world and want to know more about it.

As it is I got so tired of pressing A or ENTER on all the intro text with no way to skip to the end that by the time actual gameplay started I had gone from "maybe interested" to "I think I'm going to skip this".

Hey there!

I can confirm that skippable cutscenes will be available during the full release of the game.
ND Jul 2 @ 2:45am 
Glad to hear it. Might give it another play then. I enjoy cinematics but I want to watch them on my own terms and sometimes for whatever reason you want to skip because either you've already seen them or like in this case you just want to briefly try the game, so having that option really makes a difference. Thanks for making the change!
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50