My Time at Sandrock

My Time at Sandrock

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
 [developer] Jun 18 @ 7:16pm
FAQs | Sandrock Online Cross-Play
Q1: What are the differences between multiplayer and single-player modes?
Single-Player Mode: Similar to My Time at Portia, it's a story-driven sandbox simulation RPG with over 70 hours of gameplay. You interact with town residents, participate in festivals, explore, fight, gather resources, develop your workshop, and advance the story, transforming the desert town.

Multiplayer Mode: Focuses on sandbox gameplay, supporting up to four players to build Sandrock together. It's not story-driven but introduces a "Workshop Reputation" system. Earn points through building, fighting, dating, festivals, and mini-games like Mahjong to unlock more content and new NPCs. Dynamic difficulty ensures solo players can enjoy multiplayer mode.

Q2: Why can’t we use P2P (peer-to-peer) for multiplayer?
The decision to introduce a server was made in order to provide a more stable and reliable connection for players. When players connect to other players, there may be network or internet issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, resulting in delays for players. The server allows us to better serve our players by addressing these potential issues. This decision was also influenced by in-depth research of other games that have previously struggled to support P to P. Unfortunately, we are unable to have both, so we had to implement the most efficient and stable connection for our players. Additionally, players may want to engage and meet new people, providing an opportunity to make new friends.

Q3: When will multiplayer be available on PS5 and Switch?
The PS5 and Switch versions are still being optimized. We plan to launch them later this summer. Stay tuned for updates, and we’ll inform you as soon as we have a confirmed date.

Q4: Are there differences between the Xbox and PC versions, or future console versions?
Aside from different login methods and linked accounts, the game content is identical across platforms.

Q5: Does Xbox support cross-platform play with other platforms?
Yes, Xbox supports cross-platform play with PC, PS5, and Switch players.

Q6: Can save progress be transferred between platforms?
Save progress on Steam and Epic cannot be transferred to Xbox. However, within the same Microsoft account, progress can be transferred between PC Xbox Game Pass and Xbox consoles. Ensure a stable internet connection for seamless progress syncing to Microsoft's servers.

Q7: Are there performance differences between different Xbox models?
Yes, the game will perform differently on different models. The X|S series offers performance and quality modes to suit your preferences.

Q8: How can I report errors or issues in the Xbox version?
You can report errors or issues through the in-game feedback system or by emailing qa@pathea.net.

Q9: What should I do if I encounter discriminatory language or player names in the in-game chat?
Use the blacklist feature to block the player and report them by clicking their name in-game. The system will mute the reported player. The more reports a player gets, the longer they’ll be muted. You can also email qa@pathea.net for further assistance.

Q10: Where can I find other players to team up with?
In-game, use the world chat to find other players. Outside the game, connect through our official social media accounts, Sandrock subreddit forums, and Pathea Discord servers to share tips and gameplay experiences.

Q11: Can you romance, marry, and have children with NPCs in multiplayer mode?
Yes, you can romance NPCs in multiplayer mode. However, NPCs can only have a relationship with one player at a time. If another player has already formed a relationship with an NPC you are interested in, you will have to wait until that player either leaves or breaks up with the NPC before you can pursue a relationship with them.

As for having children, while you can romance and possibly marry NPCs, the feature to have children with NPCs is not available in multiplayer mode.

Q12: Why are NPC positions and states not synchronized between me and my friends in multiplayer mode?
This is normal. NPCs only synchronize positions and states during dates or specific activities.

Q13: Does multiplayer mode have an achievement system?
Yes. On PC, achievements are in-game "milestones." On consoles, they are separate achievement trophies.

Q14: Can DLCs be used in multiplayer, and which ones are supported?
Clothing DLC: All supported for Steam and Epic.
Furniture DLC: All supported for Steam and Epic.
DLC Pets ( KS Fennec Fox and Lil Gecko): Not supported.
Functional DLCs (like Monster Whisperer) and Story DLCs (like the upcoming Romance DLC): Not supported.

Q15: Will there be future updates, and what can we expect?
Future updates will focus on performance optimization and bug fixes for multiplayer mode. No additional new features or story content will be added.

Q16: Where can I ask other players questions or get tips for Sandrock Online?
Here are two active communities where players frequently ask questions and share tips:

Sandrock Subreddit :
You can visit MyTimeAtSandrock on Reddit. Please note that Sandrock has a 70+ hour single-player story mode, so many players share their single-player experiences by default. To ensure your questions about the online mode are clear, we recommend using the flair 'Online' for your posts. This helps other players understand which mode you're playing and provide more accurate answers.

Pathea Discord [discord.gg]:
Join the Pathea Games Discord. The server has two main categories: Sandrock Singleplayer and Sandrock Online. If you want to chat about the online mode, head to the **💬mp-general **channel. There are also other useful channels under this category, such as bug reports, feedback, looking for group, and so on.
Last edited by ; Jun 24 @ 8:37pm