My Time at Sandrock

My Time at Sandrock

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
 [developer] Oct 25, 2023 @ 2:30am
Sandrock Consoles' FAQs
Q1: What's releasing on November 2nd for Sandrock full release on Consoles?
A: We appreciate your patience as we gear up for the Console release. On the release day, we'll have the single-player content ready for PS5, XBOX, and Switch versions. Please note that the PS4 version will be available later, stay tuned!

Q2: What updates are planned post-release?
A: We'll prepare hotfix patches to enhance the gaming experience as soon as we can.

In single-player mode, expect updates like romanceable side quests for around 20 characters, NPC alternative outfit features, post-marriage quests, the introduction of the Kids feature, workshop factory, greenhouse, a new abandoned dungeon, DLC configuration, and more. These additions, along with other features, are scheduled for around Christmas release.

Regarding multiplayer co-op mode, the free update, we're aiming for a Summer 2024 release on Consoles. This allows time for adjustments and optimizations to ensure a seamless multiplayer experience for console players.

For our Nintendo Switch players, we've devoted special attention. We've worked on hotfix patches addressing specific functionalities. This patch will address save slot adjustments, save file memory-related issues, and workshop placement optimization, tailoring the experience for our Nintendo Switch community. The first hotfix patch will go out around mid-Nov.

Q3: Why does multiplayer needs to wait untill Summer 2024 on Consoles?
A: After launch, our porting team will be refining the single-player mode and start working on multiplayer for 1 to 2 months.
Subsequently, our porting team will dedicate approximately 3 months to bring multiplayer to Consoles.
Thorough testing is crucial for a smooth co-op experience. We believe Summer 2024 is a reasonable timeframe for a comprehensive console multiplayer update.

Q4: What can we expect from the multiplayer co-op experience?
A: Sandrock's multiplayer offers a co-op town-building experience, without main storyline and NPC side quests. It focus on sandbox gameplay, where players earn points through activities like building, fighting, dating and other aspects. Contributions result in leveling up and the unlocking of additional options. As tasks are completed and buildings are constructed, new NPCs are introduced. The dynamic leveling system ensures a fun experience for solo players, providing a continuous and engaging progression within the Sandrock world.

Q5: Are there specific features that may be affected/Limited on the Console version?
A: Yes, we've implemented specific limitations for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One, which do not apply to PS5 and Xbox S.
These adjustments consider its hardware limitations, ensuring gaming performance. Graphical elements, such as textures and details, have been scaled down to find a balance between visual quality and smooth gameplay. e.g. Anti-aliasing features toggled off.
In terms of gameplay, certain restrictions on item placement and workshop features are in place.
To provide clarity, here are some numeric limitations for the workshop on Switch and Xbox One:
●Max Room: 3
●Max roofs: 3
●Max outdoor placement items: 60
●Max indoor placement items: 60
●Max planting areas: 20
●Max outdoor decorative items: 3
●Max indoor decorative items: 3
We are planning adjustments to these limitations on Switch, aiming to introduce a total number limit in a post-launch hotfix patch. This way, players can choose to create a larger room with fewer plants or more plants in a smaller room, offering some flexibility in customization.

Q6: Will the console versions receive the same DLCs?
A: Absolutely! However, please be aware that the release of DLCs will be slightly delayed, as they require some extra time for configuration on consoles.

Q7: Will the Collector's Edition DLC be available on the Digital Store?
A: Certainly! You can find it in some online stores like Amazon, Bestbuy, and so on.

Q8: I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, when will I receive my merchandise?
A: We've collaborated with online stores, and deliveries are expected to progress around end of November. Due to the future free update for the multiplayer co-op mode next summer, we have to manually put the voucher into the package, and this process takes additional time. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to ensure a seamless experience for our players.
Last edited by ; Oct 25, 2023 @ 2:38am
Originally posted by :
UPDATES: Both the current PS5 and Xbox Series S are also facing the limitation—it's a bug, we set it wrong. We'll work on adjusting it ASAP. The limitations will vary based on the device's performance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Jujulageek Oct 25, 2023 @ 3:21am 
hello will it have less loading on the switch version compared to my time at portia because my jru took at least 1 hour to load. thank you
RinXPlay Oct 25, 2023 @ 4:55am 
So regarding question 7, does it mean that the player dress suit and the player swimsuit will be able to be purchased online without having to buy the collectors edition?
Ph0enixes Oct 25, 2023 @ 5:51am 
Hi 样, can you confirm 60fps for PS5/XSX? Thanks
 [developer] Oct 25, 2023 @ 8:20pm 
Originally posted by julie.mignot34:
hello will it have less loading on the switch version compared to my time at portia because my jru took at least 1 hour to load. thank you
...that's regrettable, but yes, the loading time is one of the biggest changes we have made on Sandrock Switch.
 [developer] Oct 25, 2023 @ 8:23pm 
Originally posted by RinXPlay:
So regarding question 7, does it mean that the player dress suit and the player swimsuit will be able to be purchased online without having to buy the collectors edition?
Yes, but the DLC function won't be available at the launch day, we'll bring these later.
 [developer] Oct 25, 2023 @ 10:36pm 
Originally posted by Ph0enixes:
PS5: If you're running at 2k resolution, you'll experience 40fps in towns and 60fps in dungeons.
Coltrek Oct 26, 2023 @ 7:59am 
I guess I can not change your minds, eh?
AleyDaRogue Oct 27, 2023 @ 2:19am 
A little clarification on question 2. on this part.

"In single-player mode, expect updates like romanceable side quests for around 20 characters, NPC alternative outfit features, post-marriage quests, the introduction of the Kids feature, workshop factory, greenhouse, a new abandoned dungeon, DLC configuration, and more. These additions, along with other features, are scheduled for around Christmas release."

Were these not what was gonna be in V1.0 being released nov 2? Is this content going to be in the pc release nov 2? And if that is the case does this mean the console versions won't be the exact same version as the pc on release date? ie the console version will pretty much be the same version as early access right now?
Zhampir Oct 30, 2023 @ 11:30am 
Originally posted by AleyDaRogue:
A little clarification on question 2. on this part.

"In single-player mode, expect updates like romanceable side quests for around 20 characters, NPC alternative outfit features, post-marriage quests, the introduction of the Kids feature, workshop factory, greenhouse, a new abandoned dungeon, DLC configuration, and more. These additions, along with other features, are scheduled for around Christmas release."

Were these not what was gonna be in V1.0 being released nov 2? Is this content going to be in the pc release nov 2? And if that is the case does this mean the console versions won't be the exact same version as the pc on release date? ie the console version will pretty much be the same version as early access right now?

That is correct. The console versions will lag behind about a month or two for all the Singleplayer gameplay.
Ph0enixes Oct 31, 2023 @ 8:13am 
Yeah, November 2 is pretty much Early Access on consoles.

I'm waiting for full release in 2024. No reason to start the game right now with so much missing content...
AleyDaRogue Nov 1, 2023 @ 1:48am 
Yeah, November 2 is pretty much Early Access on consoles.

I'm waiting for full release in 2024. No reason to start the game right now with so much missing content...

That's kinda a bummer. ngl low key po that they pushed the console release from sept now.
if it was only gonna be early access there was no reason for the delay.
I may still get it but only on sale cheap now.
Skrei Nov 1, 2023 @ 3:13am 
Will the PC and the Console release at least have the same amount of content on Nov. 2 ? It would be a real shame if not. I was planning on buying the game for PC and Series X.

But if the console version has less content on release I will only buy the game on PC.

Oh and will the game on Series X or PS5 have a pure 60FPS performance mode?
Last edited by Skrei; Nov 1, 2023 @ 3:21am
Anonymous Helper Nov 1, 2023 @ 7:05am 
Originally posted by Skrei:
Will the PC and the Console release at least have the same amount of content on Nov. 2 ? It would be a real shame if not. I was planning on buying the game for PC and Series X.

But if the console version has less content on release I will only buy the game on PC.

Oh and will the game on Series X or PS5 have a pure 60FPS performance mode?

Your questions have already been answered in this thread:

Originally posted by Zhampir:
The console versions will lag behind about a month or two for all the Singleplayer gameplay.

Originally posted by :
PS5: If you're running at 2k resolution, you'll experience 40fps in towns and 60fps in dungeons.
villigoat Nov 2, 2023 @ 1:15am 
will this be on game pass?
HanaBoBanana Nov 2, 2023 @ 1:45am 
so around christmas release is when all the romance quests (during/after) and kids will be ready? aww man... i thought this was all finished and wrapped up. T_T
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Per page: 1530 50