Farthest Frontier

Farthest Frontier

Suggestion - time schedule for barns/slaughter
It would be much more efficient to have a plan for the annual slaughter of cows. Right now the meat production is frontloaded to the beginning of the year. If I could tell every barn individually at what time the extra livestock should be slaughtered (fe. January-March in one and April-July in the next). I could balance the meat production/meat processing. On the other end my smokehouses are first overloaded and then bored for the rest of the year.

Edit: Or leave the barns as is and make a dedicated slaughterhouse with this functionality.
Last edited by Furin; Jul 5 @ 7:28am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
I like the idea of a slaughterhouse that will take all the excess animals, including horses, and then "raise" them for a period of time to get the most amount of meat. Something like Chickens would be 1 month, Goats 3 months, Horse and Cows 6 months. That way the meat is spread out through out the year.
This sounds good. A side benefit of a slaughterhouse with a feedlot: it would produce a lot hides, tallow, hair (an alternative to flax), bone, horn, and of course plenty of manure for fertilizing the fields. One building could potentially replace several, making it a good late game goal. Also, plenty of these components are used IRL to make old school primitive recurve bows. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50