Farthest Frontier

Farthest Frontier

This game boils my CPU
I just got this game today and played for roughly 3-4 hours. While playing, I noticed my CPU temperature went to 95 degrees C and the fans became really loud. I restarted the game several times and confirmed it's the game doing this.

I'm using a gaming PC with GTX 4090, and others AAA games don't do this to my PC...

Is it too late to ask for a refund?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Valrath Jun 30 @ 6:23am 
soon they'll update to 0.9.3 and this patch will mostly be about performance optimization, I just bought the game and im kindly waiting for it :)
Synopse Jun 30 @ 3:40pm 
Check your cooling. This game is taxing without that performance patch coming soon, but if your rig is running that hot, it is a warning sign your cooling is failing on anything that is taxing your cpu.
Are you refering to your CPU or GPU? You don't mention they type of CPU you have and reference your GPU. A 4090 will run hot. If the 4090 is hitting 95C, try throttling it down with VSync. Give it some time to breath. Beyond that, as Synopse says, check your cooling and make sure everything is dust free. Even a slight layer of dust on your CPU cooler will ruin it's heat transfer from lack of airflow, though I'm kind of assuming you have a water cooler on it and shouldn't be an issue. Most systems running a 4090 will have a CPU to match with water cooling.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50