Farthest Frontier

Farthest Frontier

KO Jun 26 @ 7:34am
Make barracks have stationary defenders
It seems strange that barracks doesn't have a tower like function to have archer defenders that isn't part of the regular army. I know that we can hire archers. But the current commands rallies all soldiers in the barracks, leaving it undefended.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
I build 2 barracks/forts next to each other. One is just for Archers and the other is for the infantry. This allows you to send out the infantry while leaving the archers to provide cover fire.
Good idea kcpknight!!!!
Lokocz Jun 27 @ 8:09pm 
I hope the next patch brings some more vartiety. Currently having archers/infantry is simply dumb and waste of human resources. Get your stables and cavalry up and running asap, upgrade them to heavy armors and weapons as soon as you can and watch 24 of them wiping armies of 200+ raiders and you don't even need walls (as a bonus watch how the siege equipment gets destroyed before even getting somewhat close to your settlement. It could be as well non-existent).
Furin Jul 3 @ 7:09pm 
You can grab the melee infantry only by using the little sword icon on the lower right (select all infantry), the archers will stay in the barracks. The downside is that it select ALL infantry so with multiple barracks in different locations it might not be great for your problem. Pretty good at the start of the game though.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50